Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

kla-KLUNK

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default kla-KLUNK

Welp i think my Ujoints have had it... i get alittle klunk when i get on the gas and off the gas in between shifting gears so im gonna go ahead and replace them since there cheap and theres no telling when they were last replaced... My question is i got a 89... i was thinking i read somewhere there is a front drive shaft i should up grade too or u joints i should up grade too because there a weak point or something like that... im just big on upgrading when stock parts go out... i could easily replace with what autozone gives me but want to upgrade for close to the same price if i can... if it was the driveshaft i should upgrade what did they come from? if it was just the joints whats the part numbers and where can i get them?Thanks abunch guys! oh and dont type "bacon"... lol... im just messin...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:13 PM
MJ>XJ

little bump here... come on guys... i know somebody knows the answer... it started yesterday and today now at low speeds and rpm its squickin... So its going fast... i crawled under there to take a looksy and all i could see was the U-Joint closest to the X-fer case had the rubber seal half hanging off of it... its hot as crap so i couldnt try and move it... but its gettig worse fast so i need to fix it tomorrow...
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM
MJ>XJ

got under there now that its cooled off and its got all kinds of play in every which way... its about to go in the back... if i remember right there was nothing wrong with the stock back u joints so guess i going back with stock... the fronts seem ok... so guess ill leave them alone for now... id google what im looking for but i got the stupid search engine re-direct virus on BOTH our computers and cant seem to get rid of it... sucks...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:39 PM
MJ>XJ

no help huh? ok... ill leave it alone...