Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Just Bought Another XJ / Seat Questions As Well

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Just Bought Another XJ / Seat Questions As Well

Hello to all again,

So I finally picked up another XJ after about 4 years or more of not owning one. Picked up a black 99 sport.
4.0L
242 T-Case
8.25 Rear
Overhead console
Power Everything

Has a few dings here and there but nothing major. Easy paint less dent repair fixes. Also good use a good wet sand and buff with the rotary which I will do this weekend.

Will be starting a build thread soon with some pics. Already had a lift ready to go on once I get some tires mounted on my TJ Rubicon wheels.

So now to the seat question. I did run a search, but didn't find all of the info I was looking for. My driver seat has some wear and needs to be recovered. I do have a local guy in the area that does amazing work at very fair prices. However, I wouldn't mind swapping in some leather. I did find that ZJ and WJ seats are direct bolt in correct? Did they make any leather non power seats in either though? If not, how difficult is it to wire up the power seat motors, and do I need to ask for those as well at the junkyard or are they attached to bottom of the seat?

I really like DaveVMax's RSX seats. They look good, leather and they are manual. Was there ever any write up on these? Does anyone know what type of fabrication has to be completed to get them on the stock XJ bracket.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-24-2013, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

i got my seats out of a 2001 grand cherokee and they bolted right up to my xj seat frames. the only power options i kept from the grand seats were the recline and lumbar. recline motor is mounted to seat where rest of motors are mounted to grand frame which wont mount in my xj. i just ran a power wire from fuse box, put in a inline fuse and recline and lumbar work fine. and they are more comfy!!!