Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Iron Rock Lift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Question Iron Rock Lift Kits

Has anyone used on of these Lift kits? I am looking at the XJ 6.5" Critical Path Long Arm Lift Kit. But am wondering if it'll really stand up to the task of Wheeling.
Thanks!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992

the only thing i have from there is there track bar and that thing is beef if that helps you out
Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 AM

Year: 1997

bump
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by SloPok
Has anyone used on of these Lift kits? I am looking at the XJ 6.5" Critical Path Long Arm Lift Kit. But am wondering if it'll really stand up to the task of Wheeling.
Thanks!!!!
I havn't used anything from them for the XJ but I do have their 3.5" kit on my grand cherokee. I have about 15,000 miles on the kit so far and see no signs of damage, even with wheeling it almost every weekend. The parts are good quality and definitely worth the price in my opinion.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996

Originally Posted by SloPok
Thanks!!!!
My buddy has this lift installed and is VERY happy with it. He has only had it on for a couple of months and the weather came here in BFE wyoming so our trails are shut down to anything but snow machines now. It seems to flex very well and it tracks straight and he comfortably drives it on the freeway. Iron Rock is also a very good company to work with as they were very prompt with missing parts and customer care. I bought a trackbar from them as a result and the thing is a monster (solid steel). My buddy also did the over the nuckle steering, SYE and tom woods driveshaft through Iron Rock. Nothing but good things to say. Some will tell you that they are repackaged rough country. I have no experience with RC but I have a hard time believing it as many of the parts look different (see the long arm lift for yourself). I wish he had more experience wheeling it to know for sure, but my buddy couldn't be happier from where he sits (way above my jeep).

s