Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Interior paint color

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 07:56 PM
jpk

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Interior paint color

I have a 96 Country with the standard gray colored interior. I want to paint the driver's and passenger's front seat thresholds due to wear. I am having difficulty closely matching the color. SEM's gray Color Coats, not even close. Anyone have a suggested manufacturer with a color that might be closer than what I have? Krylon, Rustolium? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

I'd honesty check your local Pick-'n'-Pull (self-service junkyard) to see if you can find an XJ Country (or any XJ, for that matter) with the gray colored interior with better seat thresholds. That would be easier than painting.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:28 PM
jpk

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by 94zj318
I'd honesty check your local Pick-'n'-Pull (self-service junkyard) to see if you can find an XJ Country (or any XJ, for that matter) with the gray colored interior with better seat thresholds. That would be easier than painting.
I should have left mine alone. I painted them and they are just a shade too light. I'll take your advice and hit the pick n pulls. See if I can find some in good shape. Thanks.

A quick question. I know the seat mounts changed in 95. I would guess.....the pre 95 threshholds will not fit. I have a 96. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by jpk; 07-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.