Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Interior Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Interior Ideas

So I traded my nice 05 Impreza for this bad boy. I'm more of a Wrangler guy still have one getting built. I love driving this Cherokee but the interior is garbage. I know what I'm gonna do with the carpet and center console and headliner. I wanted get some ideas on the door panels. I want to do diamond plate but have zero fab skill and I'm already doing diamond plate on the rear carpet. So if any ideas send em to me. Also if you live in Clark county Washington area and wanna help me I'd love to pay or do yard work for ya. But would like to be there to learn some fab skill.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:43 PM

doing the headliner is not that hard just time consuming, it would be easy if you have a large table to work on and get it all nice while in the maintime you can still drive your jeep until its ready to go in. all you basicly need for interior trimming removal is a philips screwdriver.

Marc
Old 04-17-2018, 10:57 PM

i see now i miss read your post,

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/zenbiker69/diamonddoor.JPG

something like that, it looks a little coldish but a lot stronger than the plastic covers

nice idea i had never thought of that

marc
Old 04-17-2018, 11:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Do the headliner, new front seats (ZJ ones are nice, or get some Rugged Ridge ones).

Led lights make things feel more modern. Audio is nice too (bluetooth and/or a full audio system). Ceramic tint and window visors are something I enjoy having every day (kind of interior).
​​​​​
Not really sure about what to do about the door panels. Diamond plate isn't my thing, I would do leather and Alcantara, try to match the color with the rest of the interior plastics. The pre 97 XJ's had a fairly old school interior
​​​​​​
Old 04-18-2018, 12:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

hmmmm if its off road oriented then i would doubt you want poofy **** carpet in there then as if you get water inside thennnn its ruined.....
Old 04-19-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by EEVEE
hmmmm if its off road oriented then i would doubt you want poofy **** carpet in there then as if you get water inside thennnn its ruined.....
Yeah that was what i was thinking but i cannot keep the carpet it has in it any longer as its moldy and crap. the seats are garbage. Its my daily driver right now until i get more cash flow in $$$. I really wanna take it out offroad but i cant break anything or im SOL on getting to work. I was thinking of rhino liner the front and still do the diamond plate in the back. Huge diamond plate fan. when i finally move out i want to throw bigger axles in but at this moment i cant. so i agree with what you said about the carpet.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by investinwaffles
Do the headliner, new front seats (ZJ ones are nice, or get some Rugged Ridge ones).

Led lights make things feel more modern. Audio is nice too (bluetooth and/or a full audio system). Ceramic tint and window visors are something I enjoy having every day (kind of interior).
​​​​​
Not really sure about what to do about the door panels. Diamond plate isn't my thing, I would do leather and Alcantara, try to match the color with the rest of the interior plastics. The pre 97 XJ's had a fairly old school interior
​​​​​​
do ZJ seats bolt right up or do i have to build plates for them. and id agree with you one the color but im gonna customize the interior since everything on the outside has already been customized before i got it