Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

hestitation, stalls in gear,dome light blinking

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default hestitation, stalls in gear,dome light blinking

Hi to all the xj owners, I am new to this sight, logged in about a month or so ago, do have to say this sight has alot of threads and thanks to everyone who post them, have spent hours searching things, The problem is I cant find what I am looking for. Sorry if there is a thread on this, the jeep wouldnt start, found out it was the ns switch, after replacing the starter, selonoid, battery, ign switch and starter relay. The jeep sat for a long time, around a year, every so often I would start it. Have been doing alot of work on it lately. New cv joints, new exaust, aftermarket no name cold air intake, rocker panels, floor and your basic maint. The jeep starts right up, high idle till it is warm, when it is in gear it hesitates, I thought it was carbon build up since it hasnt been run, run. After checking all the fluids, witch were good, I noticed that when the jeep was idling, the dome light was dimming to the engine, if that makes any sense. Not sure what is causing this, bad ground? Thinking it might be a vacuum leak, something isnt right, just dont think it is carbon build up. If anybody has any suggestion I would appreciate it alot. Its starting to drive me nuts. Again thanks for everyone who makes this sight possible. Thank you.