Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Headlight/Tail Light Issues - 98 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6
Post Headlight/Tail Light Issues - 98 XJ

Hello all,

I have a strange problem that I'm stumped on and I'm hoping y'all can help me out with it....

Currently, my passenger brake light, passenger headlight, and my driver parking light are all out. I've had some weird issues with lights going out on me before, that ended up being fuse related. However, I checked all the fuses this time around and they are all okay. And yes, I've checked to make sure the bulbs aren't just out lol. I've also cleaned off all the grounds. I am fairly sure it's some weird electrical issue since the high beams work fine and the blinkers both work, but I could be wrong. I've read a few of the threads on here that mention replacing the multifunction switch (I don't think this would be the issue) and the headlight switch/plug/lever, but I'm curious if you guys have any other ideas for me of things I could check first.

Also, my electrical engineering abilities are pretty lacking, so layman's terms would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!