Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Engine Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2007
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.8L CRD
Angry Engine Warning Light

I have a 2007 Jeep Cherokee 2.8L D 64000km which I am getting an engine warning light and appears to be reduced turbo boost. The vehicle has been blowing some smoke on acceleration for some time and when inspected by the Jeep service agent they did an injector clean and the diagnostics which suggested an exhaust leak. After some investigation I noted that the hose from the airbox to the turbo was baddly perished at the turbo so I replaced it. 1 week after replacing it that is when the engine warning light started to sparatically appear. I had it back to the agent and they advised me that the turbo required replacing $6700 and other work for the exhaust leak would need to be performed. Not liking the idea of this cost I had the vehicle inspected by another mechanic and they replaced the manifold gasket which was badly leaking and all was great for a couple of days but now I am down on boost again and the engine warning light has appearred again. I do not have the exhaust leak noise that I previously had and everything seems to be running smooth. I am not happy that a suggested turbo replacement at 64000km? Does anyone have some suggestions?
signed NOT HAPPY