Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Electrical Issue Headlight Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Issue Headlight Switch

I know its hard to tell whats wrong with something unless you are there in person working on it. But, im gonna give this a try anyways. My '93 XJ has an issue.. When i bought it, the original headlight switch you could only pull it back just a hair until you heard the relay click under the dash to get the parkin lights to come on, along with no headlights would come on, just parking lights. If you pulled it on back to parkin lights and then to head lights it wouldnt do squat. So i thought maybe it was just the headlight switch being bad, easy fix.. Uh no.. ive put 3 brand new ones in it and still nothing, all it will do is turn on the interior lights, it wont even activate the relay under the dash like the original would. Ive made sure none of the prongs got bent, all going into the harness, and also the ground wire is good and plugged in. Still having no luck, ive checked fuses and tryed tracing wires and found nothing. So, has anyone here ran across this issue or might know what i can do next to run this problem down? Im mechanical, not electrical so my patients with this runs out quick lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks