Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Driver side controls

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Driver side controls

I have a 1997 Cherokee that I bougt brand new. It had 6 miles on it and she is my baby. I use her now as a secondary vehicle, driving back and forth to work. She runs great except for just a few problems.

I am having the doors want lock from the control panel and the passanger windows will not go down except from the driver door issue. I know it is a switch in the control panel on the drivers door that is causing the problem.

My question is. How do you get the cover off the control panel? I feel like I am going to break the thing. I would like to not have to remove the door panel. The control panel is already loose and when I push it down it will light up the controls on the passanger door (they are not on other wise). So I know it is a contact issue. I just can't get to them. Is there an easy way to get the cover off without breaking the plastic?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am glade to see this forum. This is my second Cherokee and it broke my heart when they stopped making them.

" Long live the Inline6"