Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

cooling fan switch pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default cooling fan switch pigtail

I had to replace the electric cooling fan on the xj this weekend. Plugged It in and I didn't work. switched the relay with the fuel pump relay. still didn't work. Found a bad fuse, replaced it and it still didn't work. Stood back, drank a beer and noticed there was no cooling fan switch in the radiator on the drivers side. The guy I bought it from had the rad replaced before I bought it. Am I right in sayin that the switch is in the rad on the drivers side? if not where is it.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Year: 90,84
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0,2.5

Post 90, there might still be a "bung" in the radiator for the E-fan switch. If you have temp senders/sensors in your thermostat housing, those should do that.

We can no longer put our year with our Avatar, but we CAN still put it in our Signature. CL is needing to endure hundreds of unnecessary clicks because we don't know what year and need to ask. Maybe contacting the advertisers directly could help resolve the problem.