Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Completely baffled no heat issue 00 XJ...please help, been searching for days!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Completely baffled no heat issue 00 XJ...please help, been searching for days!

Hey everyone, I have a 2000 XJ Sport. I've been doing a bunch of searching and it seems the 97+ Cherokees have a common problem with the blend door breaking off it's axle. I just removed the motor that controls the blend door, it seems to be working fine. Also, when I move the blend door by hand, it feels perfectly fine. I can feel it hit both ends of the heater box when i turn it manually so I know it's not broken off of its axle.

My Jeep will blow COLD air, like AC cold air all the time. I have NO control over the temperature whatsoever. My Jeep runs at about 180* so it's in the normal range.

I do hear a weird clicking noise coming from a little circular box looking thing next to the black canister on the left corner of my firewall. The AC compressor, or something in that vicinity is also blowing air off of it that's cold.
Anyone have ANY suggestions on what to try? The only other thing I can think of is that my heater core may be bypassed completely and has nothing running through it. I'll look again in the morning when I have daylight. But if that's not the case I have NO idea what it could be. Any suggestions?