Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

cluster problems / cluster swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default cluster problems / cluster swap

hey guys this is my first post in here but this is my 3 cherokee xj lol

ok i have a 95 XJ with 146,000 orginal miles all stock even had stock exhaust and cat on it when i got it well thats all changed now i have no cats flowmaster exhaust 4.5" rough country lift with 32s on soft 8s and the transmission went out in it so i got the transmission and transfer case from a 93 model xj country outa a junk yard and put it in there shifts perfect but the jeep sat for a month waitin to be fixed when i parked it it had 3/4 tank of gas and all the guages worked well after i installed the tranny etc started it up and the gas hand is buryed bout 2 1/2 inches passed full mark and speedo dont work anymore but all the other ones do the factory cluster in it now has the big gas and speed and rest are the lil lights me personally i hate it well i got a cluster today that has all the needle gauges tach and all pluged it up and the gas hand burys its self on full but the low fuel light comes on and the only guage that works is the battary volts one ... first off any ideas why my gas hand and speedo wouldnt be working & 2nd is there anyway i can make that new cluster work in my jeep so i have all the needles cuz i like it a lot better i like to know what my oil pressure and temp is instead of the lil light comein on sayin oh ur in trouble lol any help ideas would be great

thanx guys have a good one