Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Bleeding 91 slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Bleeding 91 slave cylinder

I had to redo rear brakes and since I was bleeding them figured I would bleed the clutch as it was a little on the soft side. Clutch was apparently replaced last year. After looking at the situation I realized that the zerk fitting does not move. You must use a 9/16" wrench to turn the large fitting the zerk is attatched to and hold the smaller fitting behind it with a smaller wrench. Aint much room to work in there. So I am assuming you must use a couple of very short wrenches or maybe some crows feet to loosen these up. I'm also assuming that the front driveline must be dropped or at least the front end of the shaft dropped to make working room. Am I on the right track?
And here is why I had to do the brakes. The fronts had been replaced as the PO said and I figured there was air in the system to explain why the system was a little soft. The left shoes came off the left side. I had the drums turned to their max and the left drum still has a nice groove in it from the rivet. Oh how we live and learn!
Attached Images