Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Any other parts recomended for my XJ with this Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Any other parts recomended for my XJ with this Lift Kit

Ok i bought this lift kit for my 89 XJ it's made by Zone 4.5"

The kit comes with thease parts below. Can anyone think of anyother parts i should get to add to this kit before i start installing my lift kit?

C/P from Zone,
  • Front coil springs designed to give a full 4.5" of lift while maintaining an factory style ride
  • Only 2" bump stop extensions are included because our springs are designed for extreme travel.
  • New extended sway bar links are supplied with urethane mounts for long term performance
  • Brake line relocation brackets are included
  • Front greasable lower control arms are included that are made from 1-3/4" O.D. x 1/4" wall DOM tubing
  • Long, thin add-a-leafs for the rear that offer a smooth ride as well as hold up over time
  • New rear U-bolts are included with high nuts and washers
  • Extended length shackles are also supplied for the rear to allow your springs to really flex!
  • New front and rear shocks are included that are valved specifically for your XJ
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like a fairly complete kit except for an adjustable track bar to recenter the front axle after the lift is on. You will find that most of us are not agreeable of the idea of the add a leaf rear suspension. Full leaf packs are the best way to go, but we also understand that a tight budget creates limitations.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0
Default those pesky shock bolts...

make sure you have some rear upper shock bolts handy as they rather enjoy breaking on you leaving you wishing you had extras. don't know if they would be included in your kit or not...pb blaster is your best friend!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998 XJ
Engine: 4.0L

axle shims and t case drop? if you put this lift on and notice vibrations you will need to shim the rear axle (mine is shimed 6 degrees) and throw in a t case drop, or go the more expensive route and get a SYE.

A lot of people hate t case drops due to the fact it will lower your middle ground clerance one inch. they are right, that is the reason why we lift vehicles anyways.

After i installed my lift with shims and t case drop, i still have a slight vib from 40-50 mph. a SYE will fix that but i need to save up for one and do some more home work on it. i can live with it for now

come to think of it it looks there are t case drops in the picture at the bottom right next to the AAL. the small long rectangle looking things. but i didnt see them on the list