Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

adding a rear wiper

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default adding a rear wiper

hey everyone I'm thinking of adding a rear wiper to my 96' 2dr cherokee sport. I havent had a chance to look but does every jeep come pre wired but does not have the switch and rear motor etc? or will i need to grab the wiring off the other cherokee at the JY?

As far as I know ill need to steal the rear arm, rear motor, switch on the dash and possibly route my own washer fluid lines to the back.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Andrew
Old 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Don't assume it's wired. That has bit me in the A$$ adding options to mine! Mine had the switch and harness but not the washer tubing or dual pump resivour. (SP?) Pull it apart and see but without the switch, I'm betting you don't have the harness back there. Even if you do, take a good look at the type of plug so you get the right style motor on the first trip. Jeep seems to be real bad about using diff plug types whenever they felt like it...

Mine was a '93 and used a rubber gromet to mount the motor to the lift gate. Pay attention to the mount on yours before going looking for the parts. That style gromet is a PITA to get in and out without tearing it up and they are not available through the dealers.