Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Add a leafs or Full leaf packs?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add a leafs or Full leaf packs?

I'm gonna get a 3.5" Rubicon Express Superflex lift and was wandering if it is really worth the extra money to get the full leaf packs?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee

yes it is, with the AAL you will find your leaf packs sagging over a short period of time (1yr)

the AAL will also cause less flex and a harsher ride, you dont want any part of that. the full packs ride great and flex even better. worth every penny.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Sounds like i'm gettin the full packs then. Another question. Are the DT3000 shocks that you can get with the lift any good. I know shocks are important and i want a good set but the budget only allows for $150-$160 so i can't get the OME Nitro Chargers that everyone seems to love.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:29 PM

the OMEs are obvously going to be your best choice, but if your budget doesnt allow for it then look into either the monroe sensitracks or the RE twin tubes, the DT3's are simply garbage.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 10:57 PM

While on Jeepinoutfitters.com trying to switch my lift from the add a leafs to the full packs i found this 3" OME lift since it includes shocks and full leaf packs it looks like this one is goin to be cheaper in the long run. Is this a good lift or should i stick with the 3.5" RE superflex. The 1/2" lost isn't that big of a deal to me i will still be able to fit 31s right?

heres the lift http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...idproduct=429#

If i do get this lift is there anything else i should get with it like brake lines and stuff?

And if i get the RE lift r these the monroe shocks you are talking about http://www.racepages.com/products/in...&Ns=price2%7C0
Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 PM

well look at the parts that you get with the RE kit vs the OME kit

you get superflex LCA's which are very nice you get the RE extended rear breakline along with the gen 2 discos. the reason RE lifts tend to cost a bit more is a direct result to the components they put in them. i would still say the RE lift would be ur best bet, but then again the OME kit is nice aswell you just dont get as many components for your money.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM

So if i got the LCA's and the extended rear brake lines (if thats all i would need) would that add up to the $150-$160 i would have to pay for shocks with the RE lift. With the OME lift u also get the JKS disconnects which are $50.00 more with the RE lift. And will i be able to fit 31s on a 3" lift without having to trim?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 PM

wow i lost you completly, the RE kit comes with the LCA's and the rear breaklines and the quick discos. all you need is shocks.

with the OME kit you may want to consider going with some LCA's to get better flex then you would with the stock control arms. which is why i suggested the RE kit.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Sorry for being confusing. I know what i want to say but have trouble wording it so it gets confusing at times. I'll try to break it down so hopefully it'll be easier to understand.

RE lift plus cheaper shocks is about $860 plus shipping and all that

OME lift with shocks is about $780 plus shipping. However i'll have to get LCA and brake lines with this lift. My question was will this lift with LCAs and brake lines be more than $860.

I looked on Jeepinoutfitters.com and realized that the OME would be a lot more with the brake lines and LCAs added in. So i guess i'll just go with the RE lift with the monroe shocks.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:38 PM

if you can afford it the twin tube RE shocks would be a better offroad choice then the monroe shocks. and keep in mind that there is free shipping on RE stuff at jeepinoutfitters.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Alright i guess i can spend a little extra on the twin tube shocks. After all its goin to good cause right. So if i got the RE lift with the shocks i wouldn't need to get anything else right. I plan on getting a transfer case drop anyway just to be safe.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM

with your TC you shouldnt have vibe problems but if you do only use the transfer case drop as a temporary fix. make sure you look into getting a SYE in the future if thats the case.

but yes trust me you wont be dissappointed with the RE lift.

-Kyle
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 PM

Thanks Kyle for all your help and quick responses i really appreciate it. I know most people wouldnt take only one persons opinion but i've seen you on jeepforum.com and i know u know what your talking about so your opinion goes along way.

Now all i gotta do is sell my truck so i can order all this.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 00Cherokee
Thanks Kyle for all your help and quick responses i really appreciate it. I know most people wouldnt take only one persons opinion but i've seen you on jeepforum.com and i know u know what your talking about so your opinion goes along way.

Now all i gotta do is sell my truck so i can order all this.
no problem at all, im glad i could help. also do me a favor to poke ur head around her every once and again along with telling your friends. i will still be on jeepforum but i would also really like to see this cherokee only forum take off because im not a big fan of NAXJA at all.

-Kyle
Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
i will still be on jeepforum but i would also really like to see this cherokee only forum take off because im not a big fan of NAXJA at all.

-Kyle
I'm not really a fan of it either but its the only cherokee forum i could find at the time and since there was so many people i figured it'd be more helpful. I guess i was wrong cause i've already got more help here my first day then i ever did on that other one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Add a leafs or Full leaf packs?