Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

AC not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default AC not working

I recently picked up a 95 cherokee with the high output 4.0. I bought it full well knowing that the AC did not work but was confident I could figure out the issue, but now I have tried everything I can think of.and it still doesnt work. The compressor does not kick on so I started by checking the freon pressure. I went to jump the low pressure switch, but when I did the compressor did not kick on. Next I pulled the relay out and jumped it which kicked on the compressor. While it was running I checked the freon and the pressures were perfect. I assumed the relay was bad so I swapped it with the starter relay, which I new was good and turned the AC blend on but still nothing. Went to jump the low pressure switch with the new relay and again nothing. I have run out of ideas with this. I don't know much about these jeeps. Anyone know what might be the issue? I have searched everywhere online but no one seems to have this problem, or I just suck at finding the fix. To me it sounds like a computer problem but Im not really sure. Thanks for the help!