Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

96 Jeep Cherokee Power Distribution Center Diagram Index

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default 96 Jeep Cherokee Power Distribution Center Diagram Index

I need a 96 Jeep Cherokee Power Distribution Center Diagram Index/why can't we find a simple diagram to illustrate what fuse in PDC goes to what? Anyone have a link to the proper illustration? Have searched other threads and google and get the giant run around and not the right diagram and index. Plz help! Thanks in advance :-)

Last edited by LadyL; 12-14-2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: make it easier to read
Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 PM
awg
CF Veteran

Received 603 Likes on 513 Posts
Year: 96
Engine: 4.0

because the '96 is a bastard model, and it is almost impossible to get the FSM online, although a paper copy is available

I have a pdf of what you want, ('96 FSM electrical) but it is 260mb, too large to email.

if u PM me, i will try to send just chapter 8W-11

otherwise if u have a specific question, i can try and post a page etc etc
Old 12-15-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 2001

Welcome to the site LadyL !
Old 12-15-2018, 10:14 AM

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee

I use Firefox send to send large files up to 1 GB. Very easy to use.

Firefox Send

Originally Posted by awg
because the '96 is a bastard model, and it is almost impossible to get the FSM online, although a paper copy is available

I have a pdf of what you want, ('96 FSM electrical) but it is 260mb, too large to email.

otherwise if u have a specific question, i can try and post a page etc etc
Old 12-15-2018, 07:06 PM

Default My PDC not pictured correctly

Thanks so much AWH however I do have a copy of 8W/11 and the diagram for the PDC is different than mine. I guess I need to upload a photo of mine a see which schematic it matches. Maybe a 1997?95? It’s weird!!
QUOTE=awg;3531263]because the '96 is a bastard model, and it is almost impossible to get the FSM online, although a paper copy is available

otherwise if u have a specific question, i can try and post a page etc etc[/QUOTE]
Old 12-15-2018, 07:55 PM
awg
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LadyL
Thanks so much AWH however I do have a copy of 8W/11 and the diagram for the PDC is different than mine. I guess I need to upload a photo of mine a see which schematic it matches. Maybe a 1997?95? It’s weird!!
QUOTE=awg;3531263]because the '96 is a bastard model, and it is almost impossible to get the FSM online, although a paper copy is available

[/QUOTE]

thanks to the poster who showed "Firefox Send" ... here is the link...its only good for 24hrs!...and only ONE download too!...so please leave for LadyL

https://send.firefox.com/download/56...YU9YBwJp6EmlOw

that is a copy of the '96 FSM 8W-11...however, I do have some slightly disturbing news for you...my '96 have different fuse diagrams to what is shown, AND the A5 sized Vehicle Handbook has different fuse diagrams to to both the FSM , and each other!...its still all fixable though, just have to be patient

seems the original A5-sized Vehicle Handbook for your vehicle is the best guide for fuse location, on a '96

Last edited by awg; 12-15-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:23 PM

Default Wrong diagram

Originally Posted by awg
THANK YOU AWG for trying to help me. The Handbook you mentioned in my glovebox is completely different than what I have under the hood. All those online diagrams are also incorrect. All I know right now which fuse goes to my headlights and my ASD merely by unplugging those and seeing what happens. The others are too difficult to diagnose, i.e. I would have to be physically driving the Jeep or for example the rear window defogger can only be checked most likely if it got frozen outside and we reversed diagnosed when it would be working then not if pulled. UGH!
I will try to post a picture of what my fuse box looks like. Maybe someone has the same kind and can tell me. ALSO, unfortunately i missed the window of opportunity for your download. Last year when we were going through all kinds of things on this, my first Jeep, I obtained a manual with that W-11 info you mention. When I look at it, it shows the complete wiring, splices, etc., and I can not tell exactly if it is telling me what goes to my fise box or not. ;It's pretty complicated to look at. Thanks for trying to keep that copy link just for me. That was very thoughtful. So sorry I missed it.
LadyL

This is what my 96 XJ fuse box looks like. LadyL

thanks to the poster who showed "Firefox Send" ... here is the link...its only good for 24hrs!...and only ONE download too!...so please leave for LadyL

https://send.firefox.com/download/56...YU9YBwJp6EmlOw

that is a copy of the '96 FSM 8W-11...however, I do have some slightly disturbing news for you...my '96 have different fuse diagrams to what is shown, AND the A5 sized Vehicle Handbook has different fuse diagrams to to both the FSM , and each other!...its still all fixable though, just have to be patient

seems the original A5-sized Vehicle Handbook for your vehicle is the best guide for fuse location, on a '96[/QUOTE]
Old 12-17-2018, 02:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

I have the same PDC as in the picture above, and can probably answer specific questions. If you simply need to know all of them, and their function I could make a diagram, but it would take a little time because the FSM doesn't provide a simple guide, just detailed schematics for each fuse number/location.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:06 AM

Default Thank you!

Oh my gosh yes! If I knew which fuse went to the rear window, the aux fan, the ASD, headlamps, fog lamps and so on for later, I would be so grateful!!! All these Jeeper friends on this forum are wonderful 👍My fuse box cover is missing so I need to check junk yard perhaps? I want to make sure I have the correct fuse and amperage for each and what each goes to. Recently my headlights went out while driving but the dash lights remained on. Snow on the ground, very cold early morning and had the heater defroster blower on high. Daylight was just approaching and I was coming off a mountain going into town, very scary!
Old 12-17-2018, 10:51 AM
CF Veteran

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Well because the 96 is so hard to pin down on an accurate depiction of the PDC, I think I'll just make a diagram, so that all 96ers can benefit. Off the top of my head, some of the items you ask about aren't fused in the PDC, but are fused in the fuse junction block inside the cabin by your left shin.

I have the proper owner's manual for the 96, and it includes one of the more accurate depictions of the internal fuse block. I'll post pictures of those pages when I get back to a computer where I can do so.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:41 PM

Default 96 XJs PDC diagram

Absolutely all can benefit from your diagram, thank you thank you!
i do have the diagram for the under the dash left shin area. My concern was that fuse box under the hood. My previous description question was based on the handbook I have which doesn’t match the physical actual box style I have. Any help would be appreciated by ALL thanks so much 👍😊😎
Old 12-26-2018, 11:46 PM

Default PDC diagram 96 Cherokee

[Hey Jordan how’s the diagram coming along? Any help is so appreciated .

QUOTE=LadyL;3531640]
i do have the diagram for the under the dash left shin area. My concern was that fuse box under the hood. My previous description question was based on the handbook I have which doesn’t match the physical actual box style I have. Any help would be appreciated by ALL thanks so much 👍😊😎
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-26-2018, 11:57 PM
awg
CF Veteran

[Hey Jordan how’s the diagram coming along? Any help is so appreciated .

QUOTE=LadyL;3531640]

[/QUOTE]

I emailed you the same thing as I linked, dont know whether it was got thru...what does help, and I did on all 3 of my '96 Jeeps, grab a test light and test both pins on EVERY fuse, takes 10min

Replace any duds, see if that fixes whatever issue you had...if it doesnt, it isnt a fuse issue. Relays can be swapped...otherwise u will have to study the wiring colors
Old 12-27-2018, 01:31 AM

Default Thank you

Thanks for responding so quickly. No I did not get any email or link, but that could only be because I’m new here to the forum and need to check my orofile? Inbox? Do I have one? As far as the link goes I will use my laptop to access the full site better and perhaps find an older response from you. Sorry I didn’t thank you earlier, I didn’t know👍 Thanks a bunch from all of us! LadyL
Old 12-27-2018, 01:43 AM
awg
CF Veteran

Thanks for responding so quickly. No I did not get any email or link, but that could only be because I’m new here to the forum and need to check my orofile? Inbox? Do I have one? As far as the link goes I will use my laptop to access the full site better and perhaps find an older response from you. Sorry I didn’t thank you earlier, I didn’t know👍 Thanks a bunch from all of us! LadyL
No Worries.. I recieved an email from you to my personal email, which must be linked to the forum, and I responded with the 8w-11 chapter attached...at least I think it was you...had a dudes name, as I recall...do they call that catfishing lol

Quick Reply: 96 Jeep Cherokee Power Distribution Center Diagram Index