Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

96 Cherokee - let's get to work.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 96 Cherokee - let's get to work.

I recently traded my 2001 Grand Cherokee to my father for his 1996 Cherokee.. He is a life long jeep lover and now me.. Like father like son. I am preparing it for a trip down to Iowa from Minnesota.. So far I have done air filter, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor. Sometime this week I will do an oil change along with spark plugs and wires... Anything else I am missing?

Also, I have included some pictures of it, and of the first couple things I want to fix on it. The nipple on the tube of the rear wiper arm broke off so I am faced with the classic shooting your washing fluid at the car behind you problem. Haha, I had no idea this problem was so common.. I plan on going to the junkyard to find what I need. Anywhere to buy it online? Will I need the arm and the circular part that sits inside the tailgate door? Also, I included a pic of my sound bar I think it's called? I was hooking up the speakers in the rear today and realized how bad of shape it is in. I will probably re do the entire headliner and sound bar with new fabric.. Sound about right?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6705292_n.jpg
Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

trans fluid, t-case too if they are separate. im not sure if they are, front and rear diffs, and trans to boot.
flush the rad and replace with good fluids too.