Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

93XJ wiring harness and fuel system into an 88 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Unhappy 93XJ wiring harness and fuel system into an 88 XJ

recently purchased an 88 XJ limited with some issues my mistake for buying site unseen i gave 500 dollars for the vehicle flat tires busted out column and supposedly needed fuel pump and injectors. No big deal so i give my room mate money and tell him to get title and look it over as ive got to go to work. Get call yep issues seem pretty simple no injectors in vehicle and tank and pump are in rear hatch. Long story short when we start in the daylight and begin inspecting the ac lines and the vacuum lines as well as wiring harness is cut all to hello.hey no problem we have a running but wrecked 93 XJ sport we can swap intake and vacuum system as well as harness and fuel lines and pump. so here we go swap intake then the engine coolant sensor and thermostat housing as well as distributor and coil also power steering pump and bracket to retain tension bolt for serpentine and to allow 95 inch belt to work ac compressor, starter ,alternator, knock sensor ,fuel pressure sensor, as well as throttle position sensor and then reconnect harness and remote locate coil and swap out oil pressure sending unit hook up battery and nothing unhook and start trouble shooting fried two 60 amp alt pwr fuses in under hood fuse block. check and starter is hooked up main hot from battery and to two bots on fuse block and to the starter my friend did the bottom side work so im trusting him to know where this takes place and rewired proper. ground goes from battery to strap one mounts on fire wall and other goes to block ground. any ideals as to where to start and there are several connestions on the leg of the under hood half of the wiring harness that went through the first pass through on fire wall that do not have corresponding connections on 88 interior harness do i have to change interior harness as well for this to work. We have 5 days of at least 5 hours a day apeice in this project and hate to think that we cannot complete now so any advise would be greatly appreciated