Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

92 laredo no start issue, crank, no spark

Old 10-03-2016, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 92 laredo no start issue, crank, no spark

HELP, My 92 Laredo, 2 door, wont start. It began as intermittent no start. It ran great for awhile, then I let it sit for a winter, and the troubles began. From intermittent no start, to now no start at all. I checked for spark and none to the coil, or plugs. No power to the coil now. I checked for an alarm system, but can't find one in this vehicle. The fuel pump will only work when bypassed at the relay, and only then I will get fuel to the rail. I changed the cps and the o2 sensor as they were low cost, and a possible fix. well that did not change a thing. still cranks but no spark. So if anyone has any more ideas to solve the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. many thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Take a certain wire from starter relay touch it to the positive batt terminal with the key on and in park. My answer is a little vague.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:18 AM

Did u try jumping it? Need clean the battery wires not just the terminals but the actual copper wires. Batteries that sit still turn to shi*. If your more descriptive, you'll get better help. I'm not a as mechanically inclined as many others here, but they get fed up with vague info and crying. Did your fuel sit for the winter. Many people dont, but its best to drain all fluids if its to sit for months. Unless u start it once in a while. Try kicking it.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:26 AM

Nevermind the starter relay wire if it cranks, I'm not even positive h.o. Motors have them. Sounds like wires need to be cleaned. I'd check everything like clean grounds/contacts, map sensor hose, battery, alternator, chance of water in the gas?...