Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Please bear with me as this is the first time I have attempted to post anything on the internet. With that said I have a little issue with my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Inline 6 4x4. Several things have been going on. First of which is the brake light, it intermittently stays on when the vehicle has been turned off. Last time this happened I removed the battery terminals and this turned them off but it appears that perhaps it is the sensor in the brake pedal, or can it be something else???

Secondly, the window regulator for the rear passenger side died on me. I purchased one from AutoZone and replaced it. Simple fix, remove the trim panel - unplug door connections - unplug speaker and remove - remove regulator - perform reverse order after installing new regulator. Simple with all connection essentially being plugs and play. As soon as I did this I began to have problems starting the vehicle. I do not assume that replacing the regulator could have cause electrical damage; however, it appears that the vehicle was not getting its electrical charge to start. I did not get a dying battery sound. When I let off the starter and try again the vehicle will start, strong ignition as well. This has happened now for several days. The past few days’ things have gone a little stranger. Now each time I start the car my internal clock resets, and I have lost illumination on my dash. I had the car's charging system checked at auto zone and the results was that the alternator was not responding. I went out and purchased one but have yet to put it on. The more and more I think about it I wonder how the alternator can cause this phenomenon to occur. I changed the window regulator out last Sunday and the car has been driven each day since; if the alternator was out for 4 or 5 days I would think the battery would have been spent as it is not being recharged during operation. If any of you have had similar problems or know of someone who has, any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Just an FYI...there's a Grand Cherokee section.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f5/
Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks