Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

2001 XJ 4.0L swapped head cylinder project

Old 09-19-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 XJ 4.0L swapped head cylinder project

Hey everyone, in some desperate need of some assistance/advice. I moved out to Seattle from SW Michigan to attend school this year. Lifted my jeep with 4.5" Rough Country and 31" tires. Road tripped out here to Seattle with my Buddy, had to do "maintenance/repairs" in Jamestown, ND. Found out my vehicle had the Infamous Cracked head cylinder and my oil pan was flooding with coolant. (9 days later) Replaced the cylinder head, wouldn't Idle because of vacuum leak from manifold that wouldn't bolt on correctly due to bolt hole placement in new head . so I had to have it shipped to my new address in Seattle a month later, and also had to get another type of Exhaust manifold from a scrap jeep back home, replaced the Exhaust and patched it up. Replaced battery with new Optima battery. Had some noise under valve cover, took pushrods and rocker arms off again (after Head swap and jeep delivery) and readjusted them (noise went away). Now after all of this it still doesn't have any oil pressure and my jeep still wont idle!! (starts just fine but dies within 3-5 seconds)... Replaced TPS. I'm still left wondering if it has to do with cam sensor/MAP sensor because of head swap or if it is my oil pump that is clogged? Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as my jeep is so close to being back to driving and on the road again after being without a vehicle after 3 months of school.