Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

00 xj serious electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default 00 xj serious electrical issue

okay so 2 days ago i was sitting in my house and heard a horn blowing randomly on and off to find out it was my jeep in the driveway so thinking maybe it was just the horn switch i pulled the relay and it was fine, drove it to work today and when i got there i noticed the rear defogger switch was lit up and it wouldnt turn off, so i pulled the relay to that allso and when i came outside the battery was dead, so i jumped it pulled both the fuses that are for rear defogger, and everything seemed fine till i got home and turned my jeep off and the switch for rear defogger stayed lit but dim.. so i tried checking grounds and wires and couldnt find anything wrong so i started up the jeep to let it charge and when i went to turn it off it stayed running. i opend the door and the jeep shut off, so i cloed the door and it turned the ignition on with the key off so i opend the door agin and it turned everything off besides the blower as far as i can tell.. any ideas? bad ground or shorted wires or did something get wet? it been wet and snowing here.