CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Tow Rig Section

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Tow Rig Section

Anyone? I think we need a Tow rig, trailer, section. that would be sweet. I don't think there is too many people on here that haul there rigs, but their is many folks that like to read about trailers and offroad campers and such.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 4.0 HO

A tow rig section would be sweet...im gonna end up trailerin the rig one day so id like to get some info
Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

We have a section in the Tech area called Other Vehicles..This is the area where you would discuss anything that is not a Cherokee. So discussing and showing off your tow rigs would fall in this category. It would not get enough use to warrant it's own area.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:44 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
We have a section in the Tech area called Other Vehicles..This is the area where you would discuss anything that is not a Cherokee. So discussing and showing off your tow rigs would fall in this category. It would not get enough use to warrant it's own area.
thats why i added rvs and such. I know there is a trailer thread right now in fabrication. That would fit in this new said section. It would be interesting to read about people's home built jeep trailers/RVs and also just simple stuff like repacking wheel bearing and rigging tips. I think it would get lots of attention.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Anything that is not a Cherokee is consider Other Vehicles...That's why we have that section it's a catch all for anything non-cherokee..An RC/Tow Rig section would not get enough traffic to warrant having it's own area. Start a thread in the other vehicles section and if we see enough activity on that topic we will consider it.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
Anything that is not a Cherokee is consider Other Vehicles...That's why we have that section it's a catch all for anything non-cherokee..An RC/Tow Rig section would not get enough traffic to warrant having it's own area. Start a thread in the other vehicles section and if we see enough activity on that topic we will consider it.
okay cool. that would be great. i hope other people see this.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 96'
Engine: 4.0 160k banks header dumping after the cat

hey xjrev10 you probably already know about this but if you are just trying to get some information on the subject naxja has a trailer and tow rig section in their forum. i checked it out and it was pretty interesting...but of course it didn't even compare to cherokee forum lol
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 96xj4x4
hey xjrev10 you probably already know about this but if you are just trying to get some information on the subject naxja has a trailer and tow rig section in their forum. i checked it out and it was pretty interesting...but of course it didn't even compare to cherokee forum lol
i am aware of all the other sights with the tow rig sections. pirate, JeepsUnlimited, Mall Crawler, naxj, and the list goes on. i just really enjoy hanging around this place. i have spent most of my time on this sight and i already know some members. (personally and just threw cyberspace) I think it would be good for the members on here to also see this kind of tech. And i like looking at pics of people with loaded tow rigs. lol
Old 04-04-2010, 01:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90

Originally Posted by xjrev10
i am aware of all the other sights with the tow rig sections. pirate, JeepsUnlimited, Mall Crawler, naxj, and the list goes on. i just really enjoy hanging around this place. i have spent most of my time on this sight and i already know some members. (personally and just threw cyberspace) I think it would be good for the members on here to also see this kind of tech. And i like looking at pics of people with loaded tow rigs. lol
Austin... I like the idea... but... and this is a big one... With a serious lack of hard tech here in what seems like 90%+ of the threads, what need are you looking to fill??

Read most threads that go into anything beyond the most basic of tech topics and it will degenerate into one of two things. A flame fest over something almost completely unrelated.. or it will just die with only one or two posters ending up being the only ones who post.

Is there really any call for a section on tow rigs that is going to be a dozen threads on Cummings vs. Duramax engines.. or how many lights can I wire to a 5 amp auxiliary fuse??? And of course the seemingly required which low-budget lift kit will make my truck ride better?
Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by whowey
Austin... I like the idea... but... and this is a big one... With a serious lack of hard tech here in what seems like 90%+ of the threads, what need are you looking to fill??

Read most threads that go into anything beyond the most basic of tech topics and it will degenerate into one of two things. A flame fest over something almost completely unrelated.. or it will just die with only one or two posters ending up being the only ones who post.

Is there really any call for a section on tow rigs that is going to be a dozen threads on Cummings vs. Duramax engines.. or how many lights can I wire to a 5 amp auxiliary fuse??? And of course the seemingly required which low-budget lift kit will make my truck ride better?
yea if you look at it that way it could happen. i just brought it up because even if its not hardcore tech, its still fun to read about IMO. I like to read about mods that people have done to their trailers to make life easier and such. i really like the attitude on this sight compared to others. on this sight you could ask a stupid question and got get flamed for it. most guys just give you a link to another thread or tell you to search. obviously we all know that.

BTW Cummins is better