CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Tecnical write-ups & How-To section

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB
Default Tecnical write-ups & How-To section

I have searched some of these threads & found some good info, but sometimes a problem presents itself. Since all these threads are locked, how can we ask questions, get clarification or get a part #? I can imagine a writer getting a host of PMs with the same qestions over one of his submissions.

I have done write-ups on other Forums from years ago & I still get questions posted in the threads from time to time, to which I reply for future searchers. This makes little sense to lock the threads.

Maybe someone can explain this for me? Or maybe you also could just take this as a suggestion to not lock/unlock these threads. Thanks
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Send a PM to the OP.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If they were left open to comments they would be flooded with general off topic BS. Just about any thread on the forum that makes it past 20 posts ends up with a bunch of jibberish. Example: someone asks a question about where to relocate the vacuum canister after installing a new aftermarket bumper. Next thing you know the topic is about who has what bumper and everyone wants pics. Then someone comments on something in a pic even farther off subject and then blah, blah, blah..... You get where this is going.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

These posts were unlocked in the beginning. And they filled up with BS. Took me forever to delete it all. Like Frank said PM the OP of the thread and I am sure they will answer any questions you may have.

If they are not longer an active member. Copy Paste the link and create a thread in the Tech sections. I am sure there are many of us that won't mind helping you out.

I have no plans of ever opening any of the threads.