CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Seriously?

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/cats-xjs-24060/

Seriously the OP along with every post other than ONE is talking about replacing cats, the price of cats, or needing to have one. Why close the whole thread? That is just retarded. Remove the one post and let the thread continue for crying out loud. No one else did anything wrong. Power hungry mod maybe? I'm not sure, but it's pathetic. The OP asked a legit question.

Oh, and "aloud" = "allowed" = FAIL.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

I was backed by OKC in my closing of that post.

It is now and always has been the place of CF that IF any talk at all of removal of a cat is in a post it's closed.

Plan simple don't pass go.

And as for my spelling and use of words. I'm a machinist by trade and never have been good at spelling. It's not my strong suit.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Simply removing the post would not get the point across. Closing the thread and stating why would warn people that removing the cat is illegal, therefore don't talk about it or advise it.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:29 AM
CF Veteran

I understand that, but my point is that only one poster was not following the rules. Why not make it known to that party it is wrong and not punish the OP that is attempting to get information. They are just going to have to start another thread now just to get the information that person was looking for from the beginning. Just doesn't make sense, but I really don't care.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
CF Veteran

I'm just following what we have always done.

Maybe when OKC gets on later he can add some light to this.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
CF Veteran

Model: Grand Cherokee

Regardless of all the moderators professions, I feel that they handle all tasks appropriately and intelligently and I agree with all of their decisions 100 percent.

Good Work...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
CF Veteran

Thank you.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
CF Veteran

Your'e Welcome.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90
Cool

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Regardless of all the moderators professions, I feel that they handle all tasks appropriately and intelligently and I agree with all of their decisions 100 percent.

Good Work...

Wow... now that was some seriously chrome plated, gold encrusted butt kissing......

But that has always been the policy that any thread containing illegal info or recommendations get the axe.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by whowey
Wow... now that was some seriously chrome plated, gold encrusted butt kissing......
Wow... What a jerk...
Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by OnlyInMyXJ22
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/cats-xjs-24060/

Seriously the OP along with every post other than ONE is talking about replacing cats, the price of cats, or needing to have one. Why close the whole thread? That is just retarded. Remove the one post and let the thread continue for crying out loud. No one else did anything wrong. Power hungry mod maybe? I'm not sure, but it's pathetic. The OP asked a legit question.

Oh, and "aloud" = "allowed" = FAIL.
I kinda agree with him...i mean this guys going to end up running catless because of the fact we never got to fully answer his question
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 L
Default My thread!

Originally Posted by Cherokee 4.0
I kinda agree with him...i mean this guys going to end up running catless because of the fact we never got to fully answer his question
I think you all are talking bout my thread...I was simply looking for a street legal Hi-Flow cat as a replacement when I upgrade my exhaust...I, the OP, never mentioned going catless. Some other viewer did...and as I stated in my thread as well, New Mexico doesn't have a catless law...I was considering becoming a paid member to this site...after this little incident I'm questioning staying on this site at all. It's like we have a thread police! BTW for Cherokee 4.0...I found a Hi-Flow cat from whoever mentioned quadratec...so I won't be going catless...but good point and I appreciate your concern.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 PM
CF Veteran

Running a CAT is a FEDERAL LAW. not state by state..

I'm starting to second guess letting any posts about cat happen after reading this..
Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by jusper88
I think you all are talking bout my thread...I was simply looking for a street legal Hi-Flow cat as a replacement when I upgrade my exhaust...I, the OP, never mentioned going catless. Some other viewer did...and as I stated in my thread as well, New Mexico doesn't have a catless law...I was considering becoming a paid member to this site...after this little incident I'm questioning staying on this site at all. It's like we have a thread police! BTW for Cherokee 4.0...I found a Hi-Flow cat from whoever mentioned quadratec...so I won't be going catless...but good point and I appreciate your concern.

Yes thats good to hear you got a cat...and yes i dont think you should become a paid member, i dont agree with ALL of their policies some are outrageous, as you have seen. Other issues im glad they handle the way they do. Theyll learn sooner or later they are losing members due to over-policing.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989 2 door

Not knocking the man but I've seen way worse on here! talk of smoking pot & tons of mods that would be illegal in certan states, but I don't care either way!
if some swears don't u just delete that 1 post? If so why could u not have gone that route!