CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

for sale sections

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default for sale sections

Just thought it would make it easier for everyone on the forum if each wheeling neighbor hood such as south central (etc) had there own for sale section so people on here would know the locations and parts for sale closest to them.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

we have been adding them as requested.

When an area grow enough to warrent it then we will add it.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991

I actually added it to one section as a test bed. The primary issue is moderating such things. If I could rely on members to only post there on things they will not ship then I'd add it to them all but unfortunately I can't trust that all members actually think.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
I actually added it to one section as a test bed. The primary issue is moderating such things. If I could rely on members to only post there on things they will not ship then I'd add it to them all but unfortunately I can't trust that all members actually think.

I would say shipping is not the issue.

I mean it may be cheaper to still ship something 150 miles away than 1500.

I am all for regional sale sections since you are dealing with people that are closer to you regardless of pick up or shipping.

Just hasn't been a lot of need for one yet. If the Neighborhoods continue to grow then I could see a need for them in the future.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0

I think it would be nice if you looked at another jeep website they have the classifieds listed by zip code. you can search for classified from a certain distance from you which makes it helpful weaving through stuff if you want to pick up something local.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Yeah JeepForum.com has a really nice classifieds section. It's something he developed for himself.

As for regional classifieds yeah way to much moderating. The single for sale area is bad enough no need to add a dozen more. So until the regional areas grow quite abit it won't be happening. Check back with me in 2 years.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 AM

Year: 1987,1990,1992

It would really help if those selling or wanting items add their state to the ad. Guess it's a habit of mine but I put in the title something like the following:
IN: Auto transmission and transfer case

This helps find things closer to home, or at least know what area of the country your looking at an item in.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by XJx3
It would really help if those selling or wanting items add their state to the ad. Guess it's a habit of mine but I put in the title something like the following:
IN: Auto transmission and transfer case

This helps find things closer to home, or at least know what area of the country your looking at an item in.
We tried this avenue and made every attempt to enforce it. It became such a pain in the rear it was almost a full time job. Members got angry, mods got frustrated and at the end of the day it was to much hassle. Bottom line if a member is interested in an item it's up to them to obtain the info needed. Since the staff are volunteers then we focus only on critical behavioral issues and leave the symatics alone.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Year: 1987,1990,1992

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
We tried this avenue and made every attempt to enforce it. It became such a pain in the rear it was almost a full time job. Members got angry, mods got frustrated and at the end of the day it was to much hassle. Bottom line if a member is interested in an item it's up to them to obtain the info needed. Since the staff are volunteers then we focus only on critical behavioral issues and leave the symatics alone.
hehehe.... I guess it's too much to ask people to use common sense....but then if people used common sense our country wouldn't be in the debt it is.....
Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XJx3
hehehe.... I guess it's too much to ask people to use common sense....but then if people used common sense our country wouldn't be in the debt it is.....
What is this insanity of which you speak??