CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

New sub forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New sub forum?

How about a "My Jeep is overheating" subforum in OEM Tech?

There are never to many threads about overheating XJ's and it would clean up OEM quite a bit.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:16 PM

I cannot help but notice you have a 01 lol. Good idea.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: The legendary inline 6, haven't done anything here yet

Originally Posted by LYKOS
How about a "My Jeep is overheating" subforum in OEM Tech?

There are never to many threads about overheating XJ's and it would clean up OEM quite a bit.
How about if people would just uses the search !!! The problem is people are lazy if this was the case there would be sub forums for just about everything that can go wrong on a jeep
Old 06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by CherokeeChick

How about if people would just uses the search !!! The problem is people are lazy if this was the case there would be sub forums for just about everything that can go wrong on a jeep
I understand where your coming from but people like to think that THEIR overheating problem is special and unique. What would really be great is a overheating sticky. One that maybe lists common issues and how to resolve them. Maybe even a checklist, you know check or replace these spots first then move to this ect.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:14 PM
CF Veteran

Being one if those people who had a n overheating thread currently open it's nice to have personal answers rather then reading what other people have said in other threads, and thinking well that kinda sounds like what's going on but not exactaly.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:32 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by PNWjeeper

I understand where your coming from but people like to think that THEIR overheating problem is special and unique. What would really be great is a overheating sticky. One that maybe lists common issues and how to resolve them. Maybe even a checklist, you know check or replace these spots first then move to this ect.
That could be said about a number of jeep problems! aren't they always special and unique to people who aren't that tech savvy? people never read the stickies but it's not a bad idea definitely may be worth a try? Group a bunch of different issues that have been beaten over and over again and stick them all in stickies? I like the idea of a check list... If you do all this and you still have a problem make a new thread kinda deal.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:34 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by PNWjeeper
Being one if those people who had a n overheating thread currently open it's nice to have personal answers rather then reading what other people have said in other threads, and thinking well that kinda sounds like what's going on but not exactaly.
How is that going to solve the problem of to many questions about the same thing? if you want personal answers I'm sure people who were nice enough to post an answer wouldn't mind if you pmed them rather then flooding the forum with the same song and dance.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by CherokeeChick

No it has nothing to do with lazy. Using that logic it could be said that those that constantly are screaming USE THE SEARCH are lazy and just don't care to answer the question. Or perhaps the don't have an answer and want to be obnoxious.

A search gets you a lot of answers about someone else's vehicle. If I was worried about their vehicle I'd post a question about their vehicle.

An overheating sub forum would consolidate these threads, make searching easier and give people who are tired of the subject a place not to go.

There are so many threads on the subject I think it would be a good idea.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LYKOS

No it has nothing to do with lazy. Using that logic it could be said that those that constantly are screaming USE THE SEARCH are lazy and just don't care to answer the question. Or perhaps the don't have an answer and want to be obnoxious.

A search gets you a lot of answers about someone else's vehicle. If I was worried about their vehicle I'd post a question about their vehicle.

An overheating sub forum would consolidate these threads, make searching easier and give people who are tired of the subject a place not to go.

There are so many threads on the subject I think it would be a good idea.

I'm sorry I thought the topic was creating something to cut back on the same things posted over and over. I don't typically scream use the search I like to say check out this section, or post links for people because I've gone over a lot of this sight so I know where things are, some times I answer things too.

As stated at the beginning of this thread people think they have problems that are specific to them but they are really not. I'm sure for the topic of overheating problems on every year of xjs and of zed js has been gone over a million times.There for yes they are being lazy unless they are in the middle of a crisis.

I disagree people are not lazy, they want it all with no sacrifice. I understand when your in a pinch like in the middle of a job something goes wrong and you just need a quick answer there's wrong with that. I feel for those Gus I've been there and one of the reasons why I love this forum so much is you can post question about a job your in the middle of and you're stuck people jump in right away and help.

Even when I was a newb I always did searches mostly on google first then to here. Every Sunday morning I used to read the fab section. It took me a while but I got through everything. I got through everything in the write up/how to sections as well. Just doing that once a week helps you to know where to find things.

I would encourage everyone out there to take a little time to do this it helps a lot. It also may cut back on all the pointless threads. Saddly I don't think this issue is ever going to go away. People will always do this sort of thing but we can try I guess. Some of the ideas posted previously are good ideas we can try

Last edited by CherokeeChick; 06-03-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:20 AM

I get where you're coming from. And it makes sense.

You can look left and see I don;t post a whole lot. Well, until recently. I typically search and search but one of the things that discourages people from search is the fact the threads wander off topic so much. It becomes tedious.

The overheating issue I dare say is at common a thread as what tire size will fit with this lift...

Overheating is an engine killer and I don't see the harm in a little bandwidth being dedicated to it.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L Renix Freshly Rebuilt!!

I think this is a good idea! It's gets everybody a one on one experince with their issue.

But wouldn't it kinda fall under the catagory of the "ask a question" thread?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 AM
CF Veteran

well there is an "all lift and tire question" thread and an "all exhaust question" thread and the one just stated and very vague "ask the question" so why not an "overheating questions" thread? Starting with (not that many would read it but would immediately post a question) a check list to go through before asking your question.