CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

need help. suggestion for new thread.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 soon to be gc ho 4.0
Default need help. suggestion for new thread.

Ok no offense to any one but i was wondering if we can get a seperate thread for more hardcore mods, chat, questions and builds...like 1 ton conversions, back half-ing, 4 links, chop top, leaf swaps, etc other forums have same, and if you post "would this jack in the box anttena head look ok on my jeep" you would be flamed and destroyed...lol ive been flamed on other forums so i know....

just seems like the more heavy mods, tech, and builds are few and none and mixed with people concerned with weather not to use center caps or not. i know what this site is for and my jeep isnt really hardcore so to speak but it would be nice to have a seperate thread to have for people doin major transformations i plan on doing some big mods and just dont care to hear someones opinion on my choice of floor mats, cd player or other petty stuff. like i said i know what this forum is for and has helped me with my small issues, and ive made simalr posts just want a hardcore xj tech thread. so when you want to see a build thread on choping the top you know where to go. just a suggestion and if i offend anyone im sorry for doing so. i am thankful to have a place to go where im helped by fellow xj owners no matter what their intentions for the use of there jeep is for. I dont wanna move to a different forum....i think this one would be great with that...nobody would get flamed or what not like other forums just give people with really "heavy" mods a place to post. and not mix with "how do i wire fog lights" lol no offense to em because i like to help em without criticism and get help from others.

mods like custom choptops with major body work
1 ton conversions, 4 link builds,
back halving
full hydro steering,
major frame plating/ frame building,
twinstick t case installs.....etc would go in hardcore tech.

mods like...
my rear wiper doesnt work wtf?
fuel pump issues?
center caps or not?
do i need a sye?
help me fix " "
new 4.5 lift what you think,
pics of my new lift
Fog light install
etc would remain where it is...

it would be kinda easy...if you post a mod like fog lights in hardcore tech it gets moved.... if its questionable weather not its a major modification it belongs in cherokee chat... jeep builds can vary and stay were they are or if they are major builds with major modifications they belong in hardcore tech.... dont think it would be a big issue and some could feel more comfortable...you could still chat make suggestions or w/e even if your stock, newbie or just curoious...and more experienced could and im sure would stilll check xj chat to help with those small issues...like i said most of my mods dont belong there but in the near future ill be doing som big things and it would be cool to have fellow "hardcore mods observing and helpin out...
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM

had a few so far agree that it would be nice, and some say thy agree because they feel intimidated when some talk of twin sticked np 205s, bastard packs....etc just a thought. Thanks either way for a great site for xj owners
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

I would love to see and Advanced Tech/mod area. Too many great threads get lost do to people talking about (insert dumb newb question here).

I don't like the Idea of flaming or anything of that nature do to this being a more friendly site. But a advanced tech area would be nice!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I thought we had talked about an advanced section before. Let me see if I can find the thread....
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM

well it was worth a try. guess no one wants it as bad as i do. it gets kinda frustrating seeing good jep builds and bam heres a post just stating that someone bought a lift.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche
Engine: 4.0

mod tech would be nice.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Even though I agree with the heavy mod section, it runs the risk of splitting the forum between "weekend wheelers" and the "big boy's". Not sure if I agree that the build section is so large peoples heavy mods get lost in the shuffle, but just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Jonf
I thought we had talked about an advanced section before. Let me see if I can find the thread....
YA we did talk about it a few times. And every time it comes back to not needed or to much clutter..
Old 04-16-2009, 07:27 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by nick_n_ii
YA we did talk about it a few times. And every time it comes back to not needed or to much clutter..

All cherokee chat is, is a bunch of clutter. I think we have grown big enough for more diversity.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991

Originally Posted by XJ Stryker
All cherokee chat is, is a bunch of clutter. I think we have grown big enough for more diversity.

I agree here as well. I think Cherokee chat needs to be split up a tad. We get a lot of tech in there and it would be nice to differentiate changing a spark plug from trimming a fender..Just my opinion.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 AM

yea i mean it couldnt be that hard....it would be so nice to have advanced tech, xj troubleshooting, and cherokee chat..
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 AM

well how do we get it. is it up to one person or a few....? hell ill pay for a advanced tech/fab if i have too,.,...if its up to a few guys then lets have a vote?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Engine: 1995 ZJ 4.0

Sounds like a good idea to me too,but newbies may be intimidated by the big ?'s in a highly technical section and never come in to learn or make the next step. may be wrong but either way I'm good.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 PM
CF Veteran

It is up to the owners of the site

They are JonF and Nathan.

I am sure they are considering it and weighing the options. Feel free to PM them if you want an answer faster lol.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 PM

either way im good but it would be less clutter. like i said no flaming just correcting...they post a noob question it gets anwswerd or moved...but it gives them a place to get questions we dont care to see because of simplicity in cherokee chat answered by fellow noobs, more advanced tech guys and who ever else too. hell ill still use it. id just like to have a place to post more technical mods like my exo next week, like to have it in advanced tech not beside a neon install. cherokee chat will still be used like crazy with suggestions, pics, reviews, etc but advanced tech could still be a place for so called noobs to learn stuf too if we "nice guys" stay nice we could teach them stuff or answer simple questions about what they see..or what they want to know..lets face it we need somewhere to troubleshoot and we dont"need a advanced/hardcore tech thread bt it would be a nice perk...lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help. suggestion for new thread.