CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Membership has it's perks!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Membership has it's perks!!

Logged on today to find that I had a mailbox that was overflowing, due to an expired supporting membership, that I couldn't renew. Also, I do not have access to the "backstage" area anymore. I liked having the extra space to store messages, and I visited BS from time to time. Why have there been no offers to reinstate the supporting memberships to those of us that want them. All I'm trying to do is give the site support. I find it odd that I'm getting frustrated because I can't spend money. I know that others feel the same way I do, please take into consideration how the majority of the population here feels about this forum. I spend a lot of time here and would like to think that my opinion matters in some way. I think that paying members should have access to areas of the forum that non paying members don't. It's a perk for the people who contribute to the sites well being!! I've also noticed an increase in the ads on the face of the forum, and think that supporting memberships can keep that kind of stuff to minimum. I, for one, don't want to buy a Ford Flex, and don't want to see the ad for one everytime I scroll to the top of a page!! As a former supporting member, I did not see that stuff, and want the opportunity for that to continue. Now that my "nonrenewable" membership has expired, I get to see them the entire time I'm on CF....NOT COOL!! I hate ads, and commercials!! This is why I have a DVR, so I don't have to be subjected to them! Does anyone else feel the same?? Let me know!! Thank you for your time.

Last edited by COSXJFAN; 12-13-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:23 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Sorry bud wish I had an answer for you but we've been trying to get the same answer for some time now. I know it's frustrating and so on but all I can say is they have yet to make a decision.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

It is being worked on, with Stryker at the helm of the battle...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Engine: 4.0

I had already paid for another year. My membership was supposed to last till Dec.09. Oh well!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Do you hear banjos?

So I know that a lot of us "oldtimers" here, as well as some of the mods feel this way. So what is the discussion?? Do they wish to keep us happy?? This community is founded upon the knowledge and participation of it's members, so why would we want to put that aside?? Any ideas??
Old 12-13-2008, 09:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
So I know that a lot of us "oldtimers" here, as well as some of the mods feel this way. So what is the discussion?? Do they wish to keep us happy?? This community is founded upon the knowledge and participation of it's members, so why would we want to put that aside?? Any ideas??

Thanks for posting up COS.

We have already been shot down for supporting memberships about a month or so ago. But since everyone's membership started expiring we have brought the topic back up to them to consider. And they have started to reconsider but we (the Mods) will have to clean up backstage considerably for them approve it.

I hope to be able to bring this back but I hope for it to work differently this time. I hope to take a small piece of the funds for supporting memberships and set aside so we can in the future give back to the members in some way shape or form. I can Assure you OKC is being pretty harsh on our Admins about this and he is in a sense demanding an answer so hopefully we will have news soon.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Thanks for what you guys are doing. I'm sure you guys have the site's best intrests in mind. It's things like this that keep CF what we all want it to be, thanks for getting back!! Please keep me posted on the progress of the matter, as it may effect my future here, take care!!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon and I are working on this and should have it hammered out this week. Sorry that it threw some of you off guard.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0

I vote to keep memberships and backstage. It was a big part of the forum and should stay that way to keep this forum like it's been since day one. Why fix/mod something when it works just fine?

Last edited by muddeprived; 12-14-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1993

agreed
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Just because it works don't mean it can't be "upgraded". So stay tuned for the new and improved plan for the future..
Old 12-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Do you hear banjos?

Originally Posted by Nathan
Jon and I are working on this and should have it hammered out this week. Sorry that it threw some of you off guard.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah guys...we'll get this resolved early this week.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Do you hear banjos?

Do you guys care to elaborate on the resolution?? It would put some of the doubt to rest.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what was going on with this. Guess I'll have to stay tuned.

Quick Reply: Membership has it's perks!!