CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

location in for sale or wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default location in for sale or wanted

I think you should make it manditory to put location in the title on the for sale/wanted items. I see stuff i want via the title and then i look and its on the other side of the country. Might be helpful to know before i even open the post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Yeah I can see your point but that is a low to ask. What I would like is a better setup for selling things. More of a form type setup with specific fields to fill in and so on. I know that is something nathan is working towards just going to take a bit of time to get there.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think it's to much to ask. If a person wants to sell something then it should be a courtesy if nothing else. I mean you wouldn't tell all your friends you were having a party at a restaurant and not tell them were it is. To me it would be as simple as rewording the rules that are already in place.

From this,
6. State Your Information/Location/Etc: Shipping is always a big thing, so state where the item will ship from.

To this,
6. State Your Information/Location/Etc: All for sale ads must have the location in the thread title to be posted. Example: Front winch mount bumper for sale, Nashville, TN Any add failing to complete this process will be delted without question.

Of course that means that everyone will have to read and understand the rules, and we know how hard that is for some people.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Ya see that's just it no one reads the sticky posts so they won't read the rules. I wish there was a way to force folks to read them but I can't really think of a way. Most users and I don't mean this in a bad way just aren't savy eough on the internet and forums to fully understand and then you have those who are just plain lazy and don't care. It's the ones who are lazy and don't care that will scream when their post is gone. THen get mad and say the site sucks and is ran poorly. It's hard to please everyone and I am getting to a point of being burned out over all the idiots on the internet.

I'll think on this and see what I decide. I may need to appoint a mod specifically to maintain the for sale area.