CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Forum ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Power Tech Inline-6 High Output
Default Forum ideas

I would like to see a picture forum, maybe one for the XJ/MJ and another for the ZJ/WJ/WK. Anyone else?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97XJ Jeeper
I would like to see a picture forum, maybe one for the XJ/MJ and another for the ZJ/WJ/WK. Anyone else?
The expansion idea has been brought up before but keep in mind we do not want to over expand our forum too soon. For now we are going to keep CF the way it is and post your wheeling pictures in the trail reports section. Your ideas will be taken into consideration for future expansion though

Ive said it before and ill say it again, we get more members and these changes will begin to evolve as you guys will start to see soon.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Grand Cherokee

we will be upgrading out backend software later in the week... the newest release has photo gallery options that we will be turning on .
Old 04-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Thanks guys you deserve more credit for the great job you are doing. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1994...mostly...
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO, Lot's of Bolt Ons

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
Thanks guys you deserve more credit for the great job you are doing. Keep up the good work.
x2 this is a really well run site and Kyle you respond to everything quick man, right on
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 I6

def i havent been on here long but one of the better sites so far! and kyle! are you always on? ! very quick response! also another idea would be like a trail repot and upcoming events area. im always looking for more rigs to meet up with and they are usually from forums like this one.
keep up the good work its an awesome forum so far!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.7L V8

Another Idea...Some places I go to don't allow anybody to post anything in the "for sale" section until that member has a certain amount of posts (100 one of them, 50 in another). It's a good way to keep scammers from ripping people off, and to keep people from signing up just to sell something, and not contribute in any other way to the forum. That's what e-bay is for...There hasn't been any problems yet, but as the forum grows...
Just a thought.

Later.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by WJCraig
Another Idea...Some places I go to don't allow anybody to post anything in the "for sale" section until that member has a certain amount of posts (100 one of them, 50 in another). It's a good way to keep scammers from ripping people off, and to keep people from signing up just to sell something, and not contribute in any other way to the forum. That's what e-bay is for...There hasn't been any problems yet, but as the forum grows...
Just a thought.

Later.
As the forum grows this will defiantly be put into consideration. Actually I never even thought about this but I can see how it would be a good idea.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 90xjgirl
def i havent been on here long but one of the better sites so far! and kyle! are you always on? ! very quick response! also another idea would be like a trail repot and upcoming events area. im always looking for more rigs to meet up with and they are usually from forums like this one.
keep up the good work its an awesome forum so far!
Something similar to upcoming events will be available in the very near future, stay tuned
Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 AM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by WJCraig
Just a thought.

Later.
Originally Posted by Kyle
As the forum grows this will defiantly be put into consideration. Actually I never even thought about this but I can see how it would be a good idea.
Rockslider Fiasco...This sort of thing tends to be alot more unlikely when the seller is an active member of the forum/community...people get a better chance to know (as much as you can know in this type of setting) who they are buying from, and less scrupulous vendors will usually just go elsewhere to sell their products, as opposed to putting the time in to get the required amount of posts to be able to sell here...Also, maybe a place where we can post a list of trusted vendors would be a good idea (Trusted based on peoples personal dealings, and not just what they've read on other sites or heard form other people though...) Actually, I'll start it right now...
Later.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM

Im going to work something out over the next couple of days.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Renix Super Guru

Can we do something also to expand the number of PMs we can keep in our boxes. Been tryiong to keep several things that include info to refer to at a later time but don't want to run out of space. I know 100 sounds like a lot but I have had a reminder a couple of times already that space in my mailbox was nearing capacity. May we get more as we reach higher post counts or something of that nature.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 PM

We are currently working on exactly that.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Renix Super Guru

Originally Posted by Kyle
We are currently working on exactly that.
Thank You Sir.
Blue
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM

Not a problem