CF Suggestions & Questions All site related suggestions, questions, and problems should be discussed here. (This sub-forum is not for Cherokee-related questions - those go above!).

Buy, sell, trade

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Buy, sell, trade

Is there any way to sort on regions in that part of the forum? I keep seeing stuff that I'm interested in only to find that it's on the other coast.
I only skimmed through the first few pages in the suggestions so I'm not sure if this has been brought up.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:36 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

You mean a buy/sell/trade section by region? That, along with our regular section for the complete forum?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

no, like a pull down filter in the buy/sell/trade section so we can display threads from certain regions only.

I tried using the advanced search, but no results are returned unless you are looking for something specific.

Last edited by LittleBuddy; 10-18-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by LittleBuddy
no, like a pull down filter in the buy/sell/trade section so we can display threads from certain regions only.

I tried using the advanced search, but no results are returned unless you are looking for something specific.
The guys in four corners just post their stuff with location and whether they'll ship and that works well. Buy/sell/trade by region would be nice though.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997

I have a suggestion for the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum, and this is only because I would like to see a friendlier version of the forums...
Eliminate the area of the thread that allows you to enter the price/location/fit/...etc because of two reasons: 1) It keeps resetting everytime you need to change something in the thread, and 2) it doesn't show up in the silly worthless app that everyone seems to be using (we smart people who know how to use the internet correctly know better than to use it).

This also might reduce the amount of belligerent responses from moderators that cause this forum to become uncomfortable for our members.

Another choice would be to fix the app.

Also, the forums need better moderators, ones that understand how to talk to people both on and off the internet. I have seen and continue to see numerous examples of moderators that speak/write/post on the forums in an unfriendly way. Keep that up and you may see people start to find other places to communicate, which would be a shame as this could be a nice place to visit.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 PM

Not familiar with beliggerent responses by mods regarding for sale posts etc, except for not enough posts and/or spamming.

I could care less about app fixes because I don't use it. Selfish, I know.

I would like to see the ability of fellow Jeepers in their areas able to horse trade stuff.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 PM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.Slow

Originally Posted by Cherockee

This also might reduce the amount of belligerent responses from moderators that cause this forum to become uncomfortable for our members.

Also, the forums need better moderators, ones that understand how to talk to people both on and off the internet. I have seen and continue to see numerous examples of moderators that speak/write/post on the forums in an unfriendly way. Keep that up and you may see people start to find other places to communicate, which would be a shame as this could be a nice place to visit.
Easy there, cant go putting labels on all of us if one goes off the handle. Our job is to help the members with their tech or forum problems. Alot of members only use the apps and not desk top and the problems vary from app to app which is out of our hands actually. Some use tapatalk, some Vbullitin or forum runner. So all you can do there is send app upgrade suggestion to the app provider. Thats why we just ask a selling price and location be typed in to begin with. Besides, does it really hurt to type in a few extra words? And yes, there are a few who believe we should be more like Pirate but there are a few of us who dont want that.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by cruiser54
The guys in four corners just post their stuff with location and whether they'll ship and that works well. Buy/sell/trade by region would be nice though.
I've noticed that there are only a few threads that are regularly active in my region and no one posts for sale stuff in there.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by LittleBuddy
I've noticed that there are only a few threads that are regularly active in my region and no one posts for sale stuff in there.
Contact the moderator of that region then. Get a thread started.