Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Southern Washington?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Southern Washington?

I dont mean to copy the guy with southern oregon but i need some new places. I know like 2 different places (bradley trails and casey road) but would like some newer places near Castle Rock. I decided to post this thread because i know for a fact all of the users on here are really cool and know where to go.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 ho

Keep me posted on what you find. Im in Vancouver hopefully my lift will be done in the next month or so. I used tobplay at the woodland bottoms. Sunset mt. I know they are still building the wheeling area in the yacolt burn but still not open
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 PM

Will do and you too if you find anything cool or worth the drive.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 AM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0l

Originally Posted by Tanner98611 View Post
I dont mean to copy the guy with southern oregon but i need some new places. I know like 2 different places (bradley trails and casey road) but would like some newer places near Castle Rock. I decided to post this thread because i know for a fact all of the users on here are really cool and know where to go.
I dont know where you are in Southern Washington but one place we would always go is the Moses Lake sand dunes. It is really fun on the big weekends. I havent been since I joined the army in 09 though.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by nolantobler View Post

I dont know where you are in Southern Washington but one place we would always go is the Moses Lake sand dunes. It is really fun on the big weekends. I havent been since I joined the army in 09 though.
+1! Especially if you have jetskis and quads
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Except. Have a spare tire there is a lot of glass scattered everywhere we always chewed up tires almost everytime we went someone lost a tire on a truck or quad
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by vandelden21 View Post
Except. Have a spare tire there is a lot of glass scattered everywhere we always chewed up tires almost everytime we went someone lost a tire on a truck or quad
That is true lots of partying goes on but its very fun. I jumped my old Cherokee 3-4' off the top of a dune called big bowl. Wish I had pics but that was before digital cameras. I'm old We used to take out our CJ5s with 20" paddle tires.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Seasoned Member

That is true lots of partying goes on but its very fun. I jumped my old Cherokee 3-4' off the top of a dune called big bowl. Wish I had pics but that was before digital cameras. I'm old We used to take out our CJ5s with 20" paddle tires.
To anyone thats never been there be cautious. I pulled 2 people from a xj that flew off the big bowl and landed on the roof smashing it both were lucky and were ok but jeep was done. I have pictures somewhere ill get on the computer to find them after work.

Did they have the Christmas tree back when u used to go in the flats? First time I ever drove years ago was racing a cj5 on the flats lol good times
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM

To anyone thats never been there be cautious. I pulled 2 people from a xj that flew off the big bowl and landed on the roof smashing it both were lucky and were ok but jeep was done. I have pictures somewhere ill get on the computer to find them after work.

Did they have the Christmas tree back when u used to go in the flats? First time I ever drove years ago was racing a cj5 on the flats lol good times
They did once we were racing my dads 76' CJ5. We blew his 327 with vette heads. Shot a rod out the side of the block and almost got hid by a quad on the drag strip. people can get a little crazy out there. Liquid courage you know. All in all it was fun though I have tons of crazy stories from that place.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Seasoned Member

They did once we were racing my dads 76' CJ5. We blew his 327 with vette heads. Shot a rod out the side of the block and almost got hid by a quad on the drag strip. people can get a little crazy out there. Liquid courage you know. All in all it was fun though I have tons of crazy stories from that place.
Haha yeah. I wonder if its mellowed down like all the oregon dunes :-/
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM

Haha yeah. I wonder if its mellowed down like all the oregon dunes :-/
I think it has my dad went out last year and said it was pretty quiet comparatively.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 PM

The Powerlines up in Washougal is always fun
Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Atmospheres1st View Post
The Powerlines up in Washougal is always fun
...last time I went looking for them I ended up in bfe 2 towns over...
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM

well , i will be going up there within the next couple of weeks , if you want to tag along , i Googled it but could not find the exact road , i jus know how to get there because i use to live in Washougal , now im out in B.G. I am heading up to Evans Creek for a wheeling/camping trip the weekend of August 16th , Had postpone it so i could get tires and new wheel bearings.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Atmospheres1st View Post
well , i will be going up there within the next couple of weeks , if you want to tag along , i Googled it but could not find the exact road , i jus know how to get there because i use to live in Washougal , now im out in B.G. I am heading up to Evans Creek for a wheeling/camping trip the weekend of August 16th , Had postpone it so i could get tires and new wheel bearings.
If I get my lift on in time id be down. Im from battleground there is a killer powerline road hillclimb up by la center. But not to steep just steep enough to play.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Southern Washington?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: