Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

Rausch Creek MDW 2017 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Rausch Creek MDW 2017 Pics

Just a few pictures of the Rausch Creek Memorial Day Weekend trip. We had 11 rigs which were all locked front and rear and the smallest tire was 35's. Mainly wheeled the black and red trails which are the most difficult trails Rausch offers. Plenty of off-camber trails with giant rock gardens that love to bend things.

There was no heavy damage or carnage to speak of which makes for lame story telling but when you get this many rigs up Crawl Daddy under their own power it's an accomplishment in itself.

I took a good hit to my tie rod which bent it up but didn't put me out of commission. Decided to leave it that way for clearance purposes lol. Approach and departure angles play a huge role when wheeling big rocks. I lost count on how many times I hit my front and rear bumpers. Let's not even talk about the differentials..... lol. An off camber section with tight tree's made for a pucker moment when I smashed the rain gutter above the cargo window into a tree but managed to keep the window! Lucky me right?

So after this trip there will be changes coming in the form of mostly protection and armor. I do need to do shackle relocation brackets but I have to say, my suspension worked great and felt very stable.

-Fox shocks in the future to better control the suspension since the white bodies are getting old.

- 2x6 rockers with possibly boatsides.

-A hybrid cage will have to happen. There were wayyy to many times where tires shift on wet rocks and put you into dangerous scenarios that can lead to rollovers.

-Some kind of half door/tube door, it's too hard to see what's on the trail ahead of you when you have a mile long square hood blocking your visibility.

-Gas tank skid. yup, still dont have one lol

-Quarter panel armor/rub bar. That rear hatch is dying to blow a window out so I want to preserve it as much as possible.

Anyway, let's get some pics posted! Oh, and my tire isn't flat in that picture, just showin off the tire flex with 10psi. Those MTZ's work awesome in the rocks!

Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Looks like you had a great time out there! I am not a fan of big rocks but still looks fun. Glad no bad damage happened!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by 5-Speed
Looks like you had a great time out there! I am not a fan of big rocks but still looks fun. Glad no bad damage happened!
I was hooked the first time I wheeled rocks. I think it's because of how technical it can get.