Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

JEEP SKOOL in MANTUA OHIO

Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6 HO
Default JEEP SKOOL in MANTUA OHIO

this was my first "legal" off road trip and i cant tell you how much fun it was! for thoes of you who do not know, JEEP SKOOL is a collection of old sand/gravel quarries that the owners have transformed into 1500 acres of park for us jeeps to play in. i really didn't know what to expect as i showed up to the gas station that you have to meet at. there was approxomatly 100 jeeps with about 15 "off brands" like ford, chevys, toyotas, ect. when we got to the actual park, there was a very informative class called "skooling" that new drivers are required to take. they teach you basic recovery tech and take you on a newbie run to let you feel how your rig is going to react. after that, you can follow a trail leader or go on your own. there are 3 different trail ranks- stock (for thoes with no mods at all), mildly moded (min. of 31"s) and hardcore.

i had a weekend pass so saturday i went up and took the class and did a newbie run and a regualr trail ride, then i had to leave due to engine problems. on sunday, i went again, but it completely poured all night and all day, causing most of the trails so be closed. there was only about 15 jeeps/off brands that showed up, but it was still fun. i didn't know anyone at all, so it was kinda akward cause everyone there seemed to know eachother, plus both me and my passenger being 17, we were the youngest/most inexperiecned there.

i completely forgot my camera but i snagged these 2 pictures off of the jeep skool website:

this fellow cherokee guy was playing by himself in the sand dunes and his xj was sinking in the 4 feet of quicksand that the downpour had created. my xj is off to the left out of view but thats me standing around in the blue shirt, and my passenger in the white

this was a trailride that we did. mine is the bright red xj, 4th from the front. i was boxed in between a K5 blazer and this huge chevy. my jeep has a 4.5 lift on it...imagine what the K5 has...

if anyone lives near the garritsville, ohio area i strongly suggest that you join the jeep skool website and come join the fun.

Last edited by boardmanXJ; 03-08-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

looks fun man, around here there isnt too much "legal" wheelin places but im in the true backwoods of the u.s, there is so much undeveloped forest around that its never an issue.