Trail Reports Show off pictures of your recent wheeling events.

haspin acres, toys for tots!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haspin acres, toys for tots!

i had a blast this past weekend. my club along with a couple others, put on a toys for tots ride at haspin acres in laural indiana this weekend. and since my YJ is down right now, and i had to wheel something, i took my wj....only to regret it.....lol......i ripped the front bumper off my newly purchased wj limited..lol..tried to stratle a rut and slipped into it and the bottom of the bumper hit the high mud, and i tried to back off and there it went......its back now tho, only a small bit came unhooked, but it was enough to make me feel very dumb for taking it to haspin acres...lol.....but that was the first trail i went on yesterday, so we got it back on and i had to hit some more trails....no other damage done

but it was motivation for me to get my yj fixed....lol..a buddy of mine suggested i sell the YJ and build up the WJ to be better on the trails, better bumpers, lift tires, all that but i like having my YJ for wheeling purposes since its already lifted with 31 inch MTRs and a 9000 lb winch, and having my WJ for the accasional trail and my every day driver

heres some pics and a video of my getting my WJ hung up...

and this made me kinda sick ......but its fixed now

this is when i was calling for help on my CB after i got stuck....which i have a video of....

the bone

Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also have to say i was pretty impressed with how well my WJ did on the trails....my biggest down fall was ground clearence, but after i got use to sitting lower, it did really well.......it really reminded me of how well my rubi use to do when i had that since this grand has the limited slip in both axles....i know the rubi had actual lockers in both axles, but this WJ did hill climbs better then my 2 open diff lifted YJ...lol