Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

WTB[GreatLakes]: Roof Rack

Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Roof Rack

Looking for a complete roof rack for my 96 Cherokee, located in Michigan, price paid depends on condition.

Dosen't have to be perfect...thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L

Ive got my stock rails and brackts from my 94 xj sport. Also a fairly clean homemade half rack too. Bolts on to roof rails. No welding or drilling.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 AM

Any chance you can post a picture or two that would be great. Or you can just e-mail them to me, which ever is easier.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Would one from a 99 fit?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM

Yeah I wouldn't see why not, just trying to get some pictures of what you guys are selling.

I'm ready to buy..
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Year: 1999

Originally Posted by Wheel3r
Yeah I wouldn't see why not, just trying to get some pictures of what you guys are selling.

I'm ready to buy..
Roof Rack-jeep1.jpg

That is the rack I have on the jeep
Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Year: 1996

I have a complete chrome roof rack in good shape. It's a factory luggage rack, with chrome rails. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send pics.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM

Looking for a complete roof rack for my 96 Cherokee, located in Michigan, price paid depends on condition.

Dosen't have to be perfect...thanks
Are you looking for a rack, are factory roof sliding rails?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Right now my roof rack is the stock one just like PJ Hunters, I'm looking for an aftermarket one that can hold my spare, maybe mount some lights to, etc.

From the reading I've done the stock roof rails are not that strong so I went to the junk yard and got 4 more factory rails. I figured if I couldn't find a used rack that has rain gutter mounts I would just take the "new" rack and secure it to my factory roof rails. I was thinking I could put 4 of them on and move them close enough to give extra support.

Please post pictures of what you have ...

Thanks again
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Right now my roof rack is the stock one just like PJ Hunters, I'm looking for an aftermarket one that can hold my spare, maybe mount some lights to, etc.

From the reading I've done the stock roof rails are not that strong so I went to the junk yard and got 4 more factory rails. I figured if I couldn't find a used rack that has rain gutter mounts I would just take the "new" rack and secure it to my factory roof rails. I was thinking I could put 4 of them on and move them close enough to give extra support.

Thanks again
I don't even have any, I'm building on as we speak useing jcr offroad gutter mounts, just figured I'd help you out becouse people are wanting to sale you roof rails witch isn't a rack, so now people know your looking for a basket to mount on rails, are a used in decent shape rack with gutter mounts...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks again
Also you can do an emt rack like I did back in the day witch will take care of whatever you need for rarely cheap, there's a guy on here made one looks really good, I'm not sure of his name but in the search bar put my take on a homade roof rack without welding came out super clean pretty sturdy, nothing like a nice welded one but it works for holding up a spare and a few other things.

Roof Rack-image-2847463397.jpg

Roof Rack-image-2436716650.jpg

Roof Rack-image-3445740380.jpg

This one cost me under 100 bucks to make and just u bolted to my sliding rails and I've never had any problem with it, I wouldn't jump on it but strong enought to do what you want with it
Old 11-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Year: 1996

That looks awesome. What did you use for the bottom of the basket? Looks like some kind of metal mesh. Ive been trying to find something like that for my own build but have not had any luck.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by TXDESSI
That looks awesome. What did you use for the bottom of the basket? Looks like some kind of metal mesh. Ive been trying to find something like that for my own build but have not had any luck.
I used stainless still mesh I got from work for free but I don't see it being to expensive I just laid it out self tapping screwed it down with some washers took some dykes and trimmed the edges around it so none was sticking out
Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 PM

My next rack will consist of gutter mounts and welding, got a good deal for black Friday sales at jcr offroad on some gutter mounts

Roof Rack-image-1616687875.jpg
Old 11-24-2012, 03:20 PM

I like the idea, looks like basic conduit. If we can find the stuff pre bent that would work well.

Like I said I think fastening that to the stock rails, all ( 4 ) of mine it may hold up pretty good !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB[GreatLakes]: Roof Rack