Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

WTB[PacNorWest]: Misc. parts for '93 XJ.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5L 4 Cylinder
Default Misc. parts for '93 XJ.

Ok...
Working on slowly getting my Cherokee into better trim. It's a slow work in progress, as most things aren't mechanically debilitating, but very annoying anyway.

Biggest thing would be if anyone has a clean, non leaking slave cylinder/throwout bearing. It's essentially a hydraulic throwout, and I don't think too many other years used this type.

I also need the heater fan switch (the 5 position switch). Mine is shot, and I have just above low speed only. I can check the local salvage yards, and I *might* be able to find one to pull, but not gonna nitpick the source.

Leaf springs for the rear. Mine are about shot.

Front and rear bumpers. Both ends of my Jeep have been dinged. Mostly bumper damage. Wouldn't mind making it look a little better.

Passenger side mirror and associated hardware to install. Rocking a rather funky mounted universal mirror. It works, but looks awful. Lol. Purely a cosmetic fix.

Clean used shocks that still have life left in them?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 L I6

Originally Posted by shoggoth80
Ok...
Working on slowly getting my Cherokee into better trim. It's a slow work in progress, as most things aren't mechanically debilitating, but very annoying anyway.

Biggest thing would be if anyone has a clean, non leaking slave cylinder/throwout bearing. It's essentially a hydraulic throwout, and I don't think too many other years used this type.

I also need the heater fan switch (the 5 position switch). Mine is shot, and I have just above low speed only. I can check the local salvage yards, and I *might* be able to find one to pull, but not gonna nitpick the source.

Leaf springs for the rear. Mine are about shot.

Front and rear bumpers. Both ends of my Jeep have been dinged. Mostly bumper damage. Wouldn't mind making it look a little better.

Passenger side mirror and associated hardware to install. Rocking a rather funky mounted universal mirror. It works, but looks awful. Lol. Purely a cosmetic fix.

Clean used shocks that still have life left in them?
I have the blower motor speed switch, a passenger mirror, and maybe shocks, but it will take me a lil while to have enough free time to go pull them off my parts jeeps, let me know, oh and the slave cyl should be the same throughout quite a few years as long as its the same make of trans, I have three 5 speeds all bad slave cylinders
Old 01-26-2013, 05:57 PM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO

That speed switch is probably not your problem. If you swap it and have the same problem swap the heater blower resistor. And add air shocks, best solve for saggy rear without lifting
Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 89XJ,98ZJ,72K10, 06 Tundra..
Engine: 4.0

Ill send heater control switches for $35 shipped if needed.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM

Well, the rear leaves need swapping, as they are clapped out. I plan to lift a couple inches. I have the parts to do it, just need to dig them out of the box I hid them in.

The resistor is possible. Will look into it. But, given that I have not have had to mess with anything under the dash but the light switch, and the heater switch... tempted to say the switch is bad, though I know resistors can be problematic jerks.

My Jeep has the slave cylinder and throwout together... inside the bell housing. Not shared across as many years as the other type. Though I have been told by another Jeep owner that sometimes the lines leak and a second set of o rings helps solve that?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM
AOR
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shoggoth80
Well, the rear leaves need swapping, as they are clapped out. I plan to lift a couple inches. I have the parts to do it, just need to dig them out of the box I hid them in.
Look at these from Crown Automotive. They will net you approximately 1~1.25" of lift over factory original height (empty XJ in factory trim).

They do not specifically say the lift increase but I have had customers tell me and gotten the manufacture experience first hand as well.

Thanks for listening, well reading anyway!

Namaste,

Allen

Edit: $184.35 shipped for the pair. 12month/12000 mile mfg defect warranty. Does not include bushings.

Last edited by AOR; 02-01-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: 232 I6

Should have everything you need expect T/O bearing. Where are you located?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM

To 71 Chevy... Seattle, WA.

While those new leaves look nice, I am hoping for a cheaper used alternative. While the cost wouldn't be bad if I were working, I am currently a full time student looking for work (attending through retraining programs, not even through fin. aid).