Wanted Post any items you want to buy or trade.

93 XJ Wiper Trans

Old 10-15-2011, 11:06 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 734
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 XJ Wiper Trans

I can't find it at the Dealer or Crown.
Broken bushings require repacement of the whole wiper trans!
lynskynbnd is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
radio flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch Co.
Posts: 717
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1985 shell
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 1991 6 cylinder Briggs & Stratton
Default

This is what i used, make sure you put a dab of grease on the studs before you snap them in.

Dorman Help! - Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing
Part # 49447
Line: MTM

radio flyer is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 01:10 PM
  #3  
CF Veteran
 
Thexjfiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stokesdale, NC
Posts: 1,350
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 89XJ,96ZJ,98ZJ,72K10
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default trans

Let me know if you will need the whole assembly, Ive got at least 5 of them.
Thexjfiles is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 734
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Thexjfiles View Post
Let me know if you will need the whole assembly, Ive got at least 5 of them.
PM sent!!
lynskynbnd is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 03:02 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 734
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by radio flyer View Post
This is what i used, make sure you put a dab of grease on the studs before you snap them in.

Dorman Help! - Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing
Part # 49447
Line: MTM

I know those will work on the later model XJ's. Did you get them to work on an earlier type linkage? The early ones are molded onto the arms not press fit.
Thanks!!
lynskynbnd is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
radio flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch Co.
Posts: 717
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1985 shell
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 1991 6 cylinder Briggs & Stratton
Default

Yes i did , my shell is an 85 and the wipers came out of the 91. Once you get everything out of the cowl, carefully pry the linkages apart, clean the studs, snap the three replacement bushings into the linkages and put a dab of white lithium grease or what ever you have (since something is better than nothing) into the socket. Then snap the ball into the socket..... I used a pair of channel locks to pop them in. Take your time and it will be obvious which bushings you will need, the kit works for several different applications that are not listed.
radio flyer is offline  
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 734
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by radio flyer View Post
Yes i did , my shell is an 85 and the wipers came out of the 91. Once you get everything out of the cowl, carefully pry the linkages apart, clean the studs, snap the three replacement bushings into the linkages and put a dab of white lithium grease or what ever you have (since something is better than nothing) into the socket. Then snap the ball into the socket..... I used a pair of channel locks to pop them in. Take your time and it will be obvious which bushings you will need, the kit works for several different applications that are not listed.
Cool! I'll give it a try. A friend has the 93 with broken links and my son has a 91 with loose links. My 99 is good to go so I have two to fix!!
lynskynbnd is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Cherospeed99
Modified XJ Cherokee Tech
16
08-30-2018 01:40 PM
Freda L. Worley Harris
Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here!
3
04-09-2016 07:54 PM
nicksan
Cherokee Chat
5
10-08-2015 12:39 PM
99xjBill
Introductions
6
10-08-2015 09:59 AM
Stabsthedrama
Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here
15
10-03-2015 05:46 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 XJ Wiper Trans


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.