Vendor Showcase A place for our Vendors to showcase their products and advertise their business.

Question for everyone.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Question for everyone.

Here at Morris we are always trying to find out the best way to stand out from the other parts retailers. And now I am asking you guys what could we do to become more appealing? Take a look at our site www.jeep4x4center.com and tell us what we are doing wrong or right. Customers are the biggest part of any business and if we didn't have you guys we wouldn't be where we are today. Here are a few questions to keep in your head while looking at the site.

What kind of stuff would you like to see a parts vendor do? What would make you think "Hey these guys know what they are doing! I will always see if i can buy from them before anybody!"? I figure you guys as mostly consumers could help with this. Thanks in advance - John
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 96'
Engine: 4.0 160k banks header dumping after the cat

yo jon, i know your looking for constructive criticism but i really can't find anything to complain about. ordered a few things from you guys over the last month or two and what keeps me coming back is that i can look up what i want on the website, then just give you a call and you take care of me, i think its easier and better then doing it ALL online...anyways as far as the site itself goes, i think its great. i like how you have the index part all on one screen in the cherokee section.. but if i had to make one complaint its that the pictures for the products don't get big enough, i know i like to have at least a few and good size pictures of whatever i'm buying. hope this helps bro
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 96xj4x4
yo jon, i know your looking for constructive criticism but i really can't find anything to complain about. ordered a few things from you guys over the last month or two and what keeps me coming back is that i can look up what i want on the website, then just give you a call and you take care of me, i think its easier and better then doing it ALL online...anyways as far as the site itself goes, i think its great. i like how you have the index part all on one screen in the cherokee section.. but if i had to make one complaint its that the pictures for the products don't get big enough, i know i like to have at least a few and good size pictures of whatever i'm buying. hope this helps bro
Thanks man! I will have the web department look into the bigger picture thing. Thank you very much!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Old Skewl CF like a Sir

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L High Output OBDII

Hey John it's Patrick, good to finally meet you and the other guys out at Jeeptoberfest a few weeks ago.

Question for ya. I'm looking to pickup a set of Warrior Products side plates for my 4 door XJ, in regular diamond plate. Your site says $159, which is fine, and I'd rather deal with you guys then just the big box vendors.

I was thinking about visiting some friends on the other coast next weekend or so, just curious if this is a part you have in stock? (P/N WAR935 )

Thanks! Patrick
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bustedknuckle
Hey John it's Patrick, good to finally meet you and the other guys out at Jeeptoberfest a few weeks ago.

Question for ya. I'm looking to pickup a set of Warrior Products side plates for my 4 door XJ, in regular diamond plate. Your site says $159, which is fine, and I'd rather deal with you guys then just the big box vendors.

I was thinking about visiting some friends on the other coast next weekend or so, just curious if this is a part you have in stock? (P/N WAR935 )

Thanks! Patrick

Hey man, I have a set here I will hold them for you just call before you come. 954-334-0491
Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 242/4.0 I6

To expand on what 96xj4x4 said, pictures. Better bigger pictures.
Pictures of stuff like bumpers shown on pre '97 & '97 and later. It's hard to tell what something like a front bumper will look like on my '98 when it's only pictured on a pre '97.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7

i dont see anything wrong with it man, it looks good, i know its good cause after i clicked on the link i was on it for about 2 hours looking and dreaming lol
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 AM
CF Veteran

The single biggest issue I have with online stores is that I like to see a product before I drop coin on it. Some websites have pictures of the actual item and don't leave me guessing.

Like this for example: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...number=8130750

That would leave me wondering and keep my from pulling the trigger on buying those ujoints because I know for a fact that the one It'd be replacing doesn't use c-clips.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

I like the simple layout. I dig that you alphabetize the parts section. The pictures are kinda nasty though. Looks like someones hand was shaking and or pixelated. If your doing the photo's yourself. There is a lightbox for doing product photography. And you can easily light meter it. Shoot in RAW not JPEG. Also would be nice to have a enlarged image available on product photo's.
Product details are missing. The MeanGreen alternator doesn't show how many amps. That kinda thing.
I noticed with one of the racks for the back cargo area. I can't see details as to how it attaches or a description to how it mounts to the inside cargo area.
I might be nit picking. But like some people when they buy online. They may want to be sure of what they are getting before droppin coin on a product.

I do have a question though. Why not have a section for independant company's? Or home fab folks? It seems like you can buy RE, Warrior, Best Top, etc anywhere. I think what would make a store/web base company stand out. Is to carry items not everyone is carrying. Since I'm not in this sector of business. Maybe you can shine some light on something I'm not aware of.
Overall. I think your doing rather well. Easy to navigate. Not too busy with banners.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000

maybe a dumb idea, but change the them to a green and brown or something to give it an offroad feel.. not like it matters. Great site overall
Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Year: 1996-1997
Engine: I-6,4.0-246000+miles

nothin but thumbs up ...maybe a catalog listing new stuff or flyer
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: '99
Engine: 4.o

Seams like I am the only one who has never herd of you company before. The website looked nice and was very eazy to navigate. But your prices aren't much better then any other store. Meaning there is not much to persuade a new costumer from who they already deal with. I don't want to put down your company or anything. Just wanted to let you know there is not much to persuade new costumers to buy from you and I have never herd of you. Just constructive criticism i hope you don't mind but that is my first impression of you company. And it could just be me.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:48 PM

Year: 1996-1997
Engine: I-6,4.0-246000+miles

Originally Posted by brutalxj
Seams like I am the only one who has never herd of you company before. The website looked nice and was very eazy to navigate. But your prices aren't much better then any other store. Meaning there is not much to persuade a new costumer from who they already deal with. I don't want to put down your company or anything. Just wanted to let you know there is not much to persuade new costumers to buy from you and I have never herd of you. Just constructive criticism i hope you don't mind but that is my first impression of you company. And it could just be me.
the fact tht they offer military police an fire department discounts
Old 11-21-2010, 08:27 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 87

Sent you a pm.. I dont want to bash another vendor on here in a public forum. My biggest advice is to be honest with your customer, and dont bill the credit card until it ships.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

I have ordered from your site before. And did recieve the wrong product due to bad Item Description and horrible pictures. It was not an expensive item so I ate it and found what I needed at Autozone.... go figure.

I just checked out the site and it does appear to have gotten better and If was like this the last time I order then I would have not ordered the wrong part. So far great job.

I do like that you offer a lot of hard to get dealer type parts. Keep up the good work.

Not sure if ya do but I would offer Forum Discounts if someone mentions that they heard about your product on CherokeeForum and what not. That would entice more people to use the site if ya knock of 5-10% by mention CF on a promotion block or what not. We always Pimp companies that hook us up.

I hope that makes since. If not I can elaborate further later.

Quick Reply: Question for everyone.