android tablet dash mod off roading, but this is my shock proof android mount.
1. Began with cutting back center vents and sealing completely.
2. Wired for five channel amp under right rear seat.
3. Wired two *****, which you can see on the left, for master volume and bass control.
4. Charger is wired to ignition. The home button is not accessible with the cover so I wired the momentary button under the ***** to temporarily disconnect power. That allows me to turn the screen on and off as I drive. A relocated home button if you will.
5. Made a mock tablet out of wood exactly to dimensions. Along with outline of screen.
6. Cut the rounded screen shape into quarter inch abs.
7. Heat wrapped the abs around the wood mock peace on the bottom and sides. The top is left open to allow the tablet to slide out.
8. Trimmed the dash bezel to allow the screen to be visible.
9. Super glued the mount in place. (Picture 1)
10. Hot glued large gaps.
11. With abs dash mods bond will absolutely crack so I used a 2 part plastic epoxy to mold my shape.
12. Sanded sanded sanded
13. Primer with sand able primer to fill pin holes (picture 2)
15. Made a custom jeep wallpaper to match dash colors.
Thanks for looking! Next project - molding air tank to left rear quarter panel