KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

uConnect Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2016
Model: Cherokee
Default uConnect Issues

Hey guys, I have a question about uConnect. I have a 2016 Cherokee Latitude. I swapped the stock halogen headlights for can bus LEDs and they worked great until I updated uConnect to the most recent version. Then I started getting bulb out errors and eventually the headlights turned off while I was driving. Sometimes the headlights would stay on the whole time and others they wouldn't come on at all. I eventually was able to install HIDs that are working great so far.

Long story short, has anyone else come across the headlights being rejected by the system? I also noticed that after the update, all of the music on my USB drive sorts A-Z on song title instead of track title. I contacted Jeep about it and they confirmed that this was part of the update.

Does anyone have previous versions of uConnect? I haven't been able to find them online.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

I also have a 2016. I get the message about my reap license plate lamps ( switched them to LED). However it has not shut them down.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

You'll probably have to buy an OBD-II programmer to plug into the OBD-II port and have your Jeep "learn" the new headlamps. The U Connect system NEEDS to be programmed any time you add a new feature, whether it be something as satellite radio or something as complex as remote start.