KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Two Trailhawk Noises - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Two Trailhawk Noises - Please Help

Hey guys. This is my first post on here, and I'm looking to see if anyone has experienced the same issues or has recommendations.

I'm hearing 2 noises with my new 2014 Trailhawk:

Noise 1 -
When I'm driving 30 mph or faster, I can hear a repetitive drumming noise, sounds like it's coming from the front left wheel area. The faster I go, the faster the noise will be, and it's not a come and go noise...I can always hear it. I can especially hear it when I'm going 50 or so and I let off the gas and "coast." Almost sounds like something is in the tire or some sort of rubbing. It's really annoying.

Noise 2 -
When I slow down to 20-30 mph, I can sometimes hear a vibration noise in the dash, near the stearing wheel. Sometimes this noise is around, sometimes it's absent.

I have a service appointment on Tuesday, hoping I can go to them with some smart recommendations and avoid the back and forth.

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:53 AM

Year: 2014
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark

how many miles? mine made some weird noises first starting out, after the 200 or so mark nothing.. i figured it was just new parts breaking in. or breaking. but still if you think its very weird.. get it checked.. stat
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 PM

Well, the dealership service department has had my jeep for 2 days now, and they called me this afternoon for an update. To my surprise, they are completely replacing my transmission! This will be a 2 week process, and my guess is that this is a common problem for them since they immediately offered this as a solution. I'm not too happy about this since it's a brand new car (only 3,000 miles to date), but at least a solution is in process.

Has anyone else had their transmission replaced on their 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk?
Frustrated...
Old 05-23-2014, 10:58 AM

also. you need to address the horrible air intake system that will cause your TRAILHAWK to take a drink! check the other Jeeps on the dealers lot.. the air intake is different. and will collect water and it will lock up your engine. like mine..
yes, mine was not shifting into 6th and up in manual mode.. that too will be addressed on top of the cooling issues.. and electronics issues..
its almost becoming a lemon..
Old 05-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0

Why don't you post some pics of this horrible design?
Old 05-24-2014, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jeepcrazy5722
Why don't you post some pics of this horrible design?
i cant get a pic to load.. it would be much easier for you to understand if you go to a dealership.. pop the hoods on all models of cherokee and look for your self... wranglers too
you will clearly see whats wrong..
as another Trailhawk owner stated.. he saw an area of concern after reading what i wrote.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I am experiencing the exact issue as sandiegotrailhawk. I have just over 3000 miles on mine. Any updates after your transmission replacement? Thanks. My dealership is working on it
Old 10-26-2014, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by vancherokee
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I am experiencing the exact issue as sandiegotrailhawk. I have just over 3000 miles on mine. Any updates after your transmission replacement? Thanks. My dealership is working on it
it should be good to go when replaced, dont quote me on that.. it is a piece of machinery.. and give it some time after.. these things program their self to YOUR DRIVING.. the tech told me normally he could load up aggressive/granny mode into other vehicle types .. i guess that would alter the shift points..
trust me on this.. it will shift a little funny for a few weeks.. mine is smooth now.. unless im in sports mode hammering it. so dont flip out like i did after ya get it back.. lol..
give it some time..