KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Trailhawk specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L
Default Trailhawk specs

sorry if this has been gone over already, but im curious.

What all does the Trailhawk offer over say, a Latitude 4x4? equipment wise, stuff like a fancy media player of "driver assist" gizmos don't interest me.

Im assuming the 1" lift, skids, tow hooks, different tires/wheels, and that rock crawler gear ratio?downhill assist thing? Jeep's website is kinda ambiguous about some things.

I know you can get the "Trailer Tow Package" on either one, which iirc adds heavy duty cooling, the hitch receiver, and maybe an HD suspension.

If i had to compare, id assume the Trailhawk trim level is like the UpCountry package on an XJ, except it is its own trim level.
Im wondering because i thought about making my XJ into a Trailhawk
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark

Originally Posted by RegularGuy
sorry if this has been gone over already, but im curious.

What all does the Trailhawk offer over say, a Latitude 4x4? equipment wise, stuff like a fancy media player of "driver assist" gizmos don't interest me.

Im assuming the 1" lift, skids, tow hooks, different tires/wheels, and that rock crawler gear ratio?downhill assist thing? Jeep's website is kinda ambiguous about some things.

I know you can get the "Trailer Tow Package" on either one, which iirc adds heavy duty cooling, the hitch receiver, and maybe an HD suspension.

If i had to compare, id assume the Trailhawk trim level is like the UpCountry package on an XJ, except it is its own trim level.
Im wondering because i thought about making my XJ into a Trailhawk
http://www.jeep.com/model-compare/de...4B&variation=1

kinda hard to answer your question. since you basically answered your own. so here is the chart.
it has rear lockers.. best feature about it.. lol

Last edited by metalwonzero; 08-26-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by metalwonzero
http://www.jeep.com/model-compare/de...4B&variation=1

kinda hard to answer your question. since you basically answered your own. so here is the chart.
it has rear lockers.. best feature about it.. lol
alright, i had the idea, but wanted someone to re-affirm it.
So it looks like-

Off-Road Group--
Rear Locker
Heavy Duty cooling (on the Pentastar)
Transmission cooler
Fuel tank skid
Transmission skid
Front suspension skid
Underbody skid
Trail Rated badge

Off-Road suspension with 1" lift
2 front and 1 rear tow hooks
"Jeep Rack Off-Road Accessory kit" - comes with the tow group if you have the TH, I guess. Includes D-rings, a recovery strap, and gloves.

I think thats it
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 PM

alright, i had the idea, but wanted someone to re-affirm it.
So it looks like-

Off-Road Group--
Rear Locker
Heavy Duty cooling (on the Pentastar)
Transmission cooler
Fuel tank skid
Transmission skid
Front suspension skid
Underbody skid
Trail Rated badge

Off-Road suspension with 1" lift
2 front and 1 rear tow hooks
"Jeep Rack Off-Road Accessory kit" - comes with the tow group if you have the TH, I guess. Includes D-rings, a recovery strap, and gloves.

I think thats it
Jeep Active Jeep Drive Lock is on the Trailhawk active drive 2 with lockers figured id throw that in..
also 4:56:1 crawl on the 4cyl have no idea about the v6.. think its 47:8:1?? dont quote me.. but its a lil bit higher than the 4 banger..
Old 08-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Jeep Active Jeep Drive Lock is on the Trailhawk active drive 2 with lockers figured id throw that in..
also 4:56:1 crawl on the 4cyl have no idea about the v6.. think its 47:8:1?? dont quote me.. but its a lil bit higher than the 4 banger..
Right, I roped that in with the Locker mentally. It could be foolish of me, but on the pamphlet it looked like the main difference in the ActiveDrive2s was the Locker on the TH.

I have to say, they may be gimmicky, but dang if those red tow hooks on the front arent attractive to me.. even if every TH i pass is owned by an old lady

Am I a fool for wanting them to make a Patriot TrailHawk? i like the Patriot, though I've never driven one...
Old 08-27-2014, 01:21 PM

Right, I roped that in with the Locker mentally. It could be foolish of me, but on the pamphlet it looked like the main difference in the ActiveDrive2s was the Locker on the TH.

I have to say, they may be gimmicky, but dang if those red tow hooks on the front arent attractive to me.. even if every TH i pass is owned by an old lady

Am I a fool for wanting them to make a Patriot TrailHawk? i like the Patriot, though I've never driven one...
take a peek at the renegade TrailHawk.. it looks like a beefy..one of those..things. ..ahhh heck.. i cant remember the name of the car... it aint jeep enough to be thought about daily.
yep.. the AWD vs The Front Drive ... mind you the nature of the active drive makes it front wheel dominated.. adding power to the rear when needed?? i think... sports mode transfers power to the rear to make it more rear wheel driveish,
i have yet to test mine in mud, all other surfaces it will go really good with these stock firestone AT tires.
Old Ladies need skid plates too.. 10 inch curb, 8.7 inch clearance..

Last edited by metalwonzero; 08-27-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Seasoned Member

take a peek at the renegade TrailHawk.. it looks like a beefy..one of those..things. ..ahhh heck.. i cant remember the name of the car... it aint jeep enough to be thought about daily.
yep.. the AWD vs The Front Drive ... mind you the nature of the active drive makes it front wheel dominated.. adding power to the rear when needed?? i think... sports mode transfers power to the rear to make it more rear wheel driveish,
i have yet to test mine in mud, all other surfaces it will go really good with these stock firestone AT tires.
Old Ladies need skid plates too.. 10 inch curb, 8.7 inch clearance..
I knew about the ActiveDrive's nature of work, but didnt bring it up for reasons.

also, the bit about the skid plates....
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 AM

I knew about the ActiveDrive's nature of work, but didnt bring it up for reasons.

also, the bit about the skid plates....