KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Time for an upgrade?

Old 02-17-2015, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Time for an upgrade?

Hi

Ive recently been talking with my partner and we are thing of upgrading to the 2014 or 2015 Cherokee as we are starting to get a bit board trying to figure out ways to make or current one look better!!

We are almost sold on the idea however we are still figuring out whether we should get the adventure accessories pack. Ive been looking at our closest dealer's website which is Berwick Jeep chrysler and there accessories pack (link here www.berwickchryslerjeep.com.au/owners/accessories) seems reasonable but not sure if it would be cheaper to get the parts separately?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Try posting in the KL tech section under technical. Posting here you'll get mire responses from bias people that don't like the new cherokee. kL is the model designation for the new cherokee JIC you were wondering.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I moved the thread here to KL.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by cruiser54
I moved the thread here to KL.
Aren't you the best lol.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

The link in your post shows a grand cherokee. Is that what you meant?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Basshark7
The link in your post shows a grand cherokee. Is that what you meant?
Good point, i didn't click the link. OP, please specify cause if its the GC then you may need to look elsewhere. Not too many users, iirc, are proficient with the newer GC
Old 02-24-2015, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True thanks guys I have previously been ripped off on dealer packages before so just wanted to check and just get a bit of advice. Even though its a GC i know people on forums have an opinion or experience
Old 02-24-2015, 11:46 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

I looked at the 2012 Call of Duty Edition JKUs, when my dad wanted to replace his XJ, because you could get a pretty good deal on them when the 2013 wranglers were showing up on the lots, as in they were marking down the 2012s and they were also trying to get rid of the COD editions, they had all the same suspension and drivetrain features of the rubicon models but came with hideous (my opinion) factory installed bumpers and "rock sliders" that looked like if they ever caught a rock it was going to cause more harm than good, bolted directly to the body and not to the frame. But after doing all the research the COD editions were not cheap enough for me to justify the purchase when I realized I would be replacing the front and rear bumpers and the "rock sliders" and buying seat covers to cover over the logo on the seats. In the end I would have been spending a bit more money and hours wrenching than just buying the rubicon model and not feeling like I had to replace the whole facade just after purchase. Long story short I kept my XJ and my dad bought an FJ Cruiser. It is always a matter of opinion. I personally don't like packages but that is what all the manufacturers are moving to. Do the research, find the parts you want compare the bumper you want to the bumper the package comes with, if you don't like the one it comes with throw the cost of the bumper you do like on top of the package price and do that for each thing you want to change, if you are comfortable spending your new price tag then get the package, if you aren't comfortable spending that new amount sit on it and wait either buy the car without the package, look at something else, or continue driving your current ride and see if the price comes down enough for you to be comfortable making the purchase. All this was written using the assumption that you are wanting to buy the vehicle and make any modifications immediately. If that is not the case a lot of what is written probably doesn't apply. Yankee here voicing the opinion that if your reasoning is for the air deflectors, and bug deflector you can buy them individually much cheaper, if you are after the wheels, those might be a package only deal, but you might be able to find something similar cheaper especially if you just have the "old" tires put on the new wheels. Out of curiosity what is the lowest trim level you can get the diesel in down in Australia? In the US it is the Limited.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 PM

Year: 2014
Engine: 3.2-liter V-6

Redacted because I didn't read carefully. Apologies.