KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

Single chime when put in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Single chime when put in reverse

I have a new Cherokee Latitude with just under 1000 miles. I drove to work tonight and when I put her in reverse, I heard a single chime. Never had this before since I purchased her. I put in drive and drove forward a few feet and put in reverse and still got a single chime. No warning lights or messages in the dash. I shut the Jeep off, waited a minute and restarted. Put in drive, pulled a few feet up, then in reverse and again a single chime. All of this was done while wearing my seat belt. I went out a few hours later and now no chime when put in reverse. Any idea why? I could not find any mention in the manual.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:22 AM

I can't help but have had a similar problem following loading the cargo area with 150-250 pounds. Multiple chimes with nothing shown on the dash. Chimes go off after unloading and sometimes turning motor on and off several times. Dealer is talking to Chrysler about it.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by KL15Bill
I can't help but have had a similar problem following loading the cargo area with 150-250 pounds. Multiple chimes with nothing shown on the dash. Chimes go off after unloading and sometimes turning motor on and off several times. Dealer is talking to Chrysler about it.
That is very interesting as it did this today after putting groceries in the back. Certainly nothing heavy, just 5-6 bags of groceries. I do notice that when I start the car, I get the usual few dings but when this happens, I get a pause then a single ding after the usual dings. When I hear that extra ding it will also ding every time I put in reverse.
I unloaded the groceries, shut her off and when I come out to go to work, she was dinging normally with no reverse ding.
I will have to test by putting stuff in the back to see if I can reproduce it.