KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

new Latitude wheel/Brake noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default new Latitude wheel/Brake noise?

I just purchased a 2016 Cherokee Latitude and ALL of the time you step on the brake pedal you can feel and hear a sound of like a light grinding noise. I took it back to the dealership and left it with them. They called after a few hours and said they found and heard nothing. I returned and got them all in the vehicle and drove and now they all heard the noise. I then had all of them drive and again they all felt and heard the noise When we returned they all said again that this was normal. BULL!!! I have never had a vehicle (especially new) that did this. Has anyone ever had a problem like this. They did they went to a new stainless steel brake. I would appreciate any help at all or any info on who to contact. Thank you very much.
newjaw.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by newjaw
I just purchased a 2016 Cherokee Latitude and ALL of the time you step on the brake pedal you can feel and hear a sound of like a light grinding noise. I took it back to the dealership and left it with them. They called after a few hours and said they found and heard nothing. I returned and got them all in the vehicle and drove and now they all heard the noise. I then had all of them drive and again they all felt and heard the noise When we returned they all said again that this was normal. BULL!!! I have never had a vehicle (especially new) that did this. Has anyone ever had a problem like this. They did they went to a new stainless steel brake. I would appreciate any help at all or any info on who to contact. Thank you very much.
newjaw.
To be clear, the repair they suggested was to add a new stainless steel brake? – Kevin T, Social Connect Team
Old 07-18-2016, 04:28 PM

Sorry, no. He said they went to the stainless steel brake this year. So, could this be the problem? I don"t know , just that there should not be any noise when one steps on the brake pedal.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:21 PM

My '14 latitude is horrible. I am at 39k miles and my brakes are shot. I plan to have my rotors turned and get new pads. One of my wife's biggest complaints about driving the jeep, she said she feels like it is either not going to stop or the brakes are going to fall off if she applies them too hard.